Thread: Auction sites

Auction sites

I have just started my own auction site.but i am not sure where to advertise, and how to get people to leave ebay.
    i have added a good deal , when people register.
    Have you any ideas you can share with me please.

Wow, that's a real tough market to try and crack, is it an site like eBay or is it focused on a niche more?

perhaps your url would be good for us to take a look and perhaps offer some advice.

In my opinion , i think you should take your website better than ebay , then people would leave ebay , because we use ebay so long . it is a custom now .

People will never leave ebay. There are various other alternatives but nothing has the traffic of ebay.

You may need to do something like an affiliate program to give some incentive to try out your site

Hi Kathiny,
    Come on. People wont leave ebay. Its a big industry giant. You should have to find opportunities on your own to get your business. You can check out these auctions. Search for auctions in your business related category.

Hope it helps you.
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 03-22-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: link removed

If you want fast results, you can invest your money in paid advertisement through google adwords. As Your target audience is large and you want to capture market of ebay, you need to incur heavy expenditure on advertisement.

Thread Information