Thread: New shopping cart application

New shopping cart application

I wonder what everybody's opinion is on AbanteCart ecommmerce application.

www.abantecart.com

To me it looks very appealing with many features and user interface.
    Best part that it is free

I'm unfamiliar with this shopping cart, but let me ask this? What makes you gravitate towards abantecart instead of a larger company like bigcommerce or interspire, or dare I say volusion? ( i just read an unpleasant post about volusion in this forum- that's why I say that)? Is there something specific that this cart does that the others do not? Normally a decent company will give you a free trial to play with. This will give you some exposure to the cart before you invest all your time and money into it.

From what I see on the abantecart web site is that they offer both Community support (user provided at leisure) and Commercial support (you pay for it). I've never played with this one so I can't say if it is good or bad but most offerings of this type are usually better than average. It is a free download so there is no harm in setting it up in a development environment.

Are there any more opinions about abantecart?

@AlgoZone,
    I'm looking to replace a hand-coded, dated storefront. I liked the looks of AbanteCart's admin interface. Whether it is easily skinnable, has connections to various shippers and payment gateways and has multiple options per item, I have yet to investigate.
    But it is on my somewhat short list after taking a peek. I just have to look further.
    I take it from your signature links that you develop skins for it? Can you give it creds on ease of setup/install/launch or at least on ease of integrating a custom skin?

Hey,

i dont know this cart application.
    try to do a search in google also and if it has trial version, try it. it doesnt cost money.

update as if you're satisfied with the app.

Thread Information