Page 2 of 2 12

Thread: Opening a store online

You have to read more about an online store. The features of shopping cart are different as per the need or requirement. So you should first look for the functions which you want for your online store.

Yuvastyleindia is right. You have to define clearly what kind of your store, how big, design,... before decide which ecommerce platform. If your store need every function of a usual online store, you should choose magento.
    Last edited by pipi_vn; 12-30-2012 at 01:41 AM.

We offer free installation of

OsCommerce
    Miva Merchant
    CubeCart Installer
    WebShopManager
    Zen Cart
    Magento

There are a ton of awesome store fronts out there! Unfortunately its going to take time and research to fine the right one!

Few months ago I have decided to put my business online. I didn't know how or where to start it.
    One of my friends suggested me that I give 1and1 a try. I am not an expert but it was still easy to
    get started with it. Now I have my own jewelry eshop

The choice of the shopping cart software isn’t simple and depends on your needs and wishes. I can recommend you to read more about their functionalities and weight all pros and cons.

As for me I use CS-Cart software and happy with it. I like its simplicity and want to advise you to try its free trial version. I believe other shopping cart softwares also have such trial versions. Just try them and choose the necessary one.
    Last edited by CS-Market; 05-18-2013 at 05:15 AM.

If you are building am online store, then it would be good if you choose Customized Web Development Services there are lot of companies that are providing various Customized eCommerce packages. One company about which I know is Fatbit Technologies. This Company was recommended by my friend for some development work and they are very good at their services.This is an Indian Company and they are providing Affordable packages for small, medium or large businesses.

Checkout Planetsoho.com storefront. Basic but very easy to use

i can suggest you opencart if you are looking for an ecommerce website.

Flowers Delivery Dubai
    Petals Dubai

If you are going to open a online store, you just select some good software like opencart. You just pick some good platforms, which is good community and also offers phone based support. The name of these fully hosted cart are Magento Go, Volusion, BigCommerce, 3D Cart etc.

You will find that coursework will consist of things other than traditional business fundamentals.

Magento is the best of all, it has various extensions and templates design to develop a rich and search engine friendly eCommerce store.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieRand View Post
    Thanks for your input you guys!
    I've looked at Magento and gone through their demo and it does seem a bit complicated. I've even tried to walk through their video tutorials, but I think I was even more confused after I finished with it.

I have yet to try out Zen Cart or Cs-Cart, but I will soon.

Does anyone know if these companies, or any other companies have good tutorials to follow?

I don't really want to jump into Volusion either because of all the really mixed reviews with it. People are either on one end or the other, and it's hard to choose them.
    You will always have reviews from both the sides. Let me give you mine as well
    I feel CS-Cart is really good option. Try with it. It is very user-friendly so easy for beginners, moreover It has good tutorial as well.

Thread Information