Thread: Farewell and Good Luck

Hybrid View

Farewell and Good Luck

Sorry to say that I haven't been able to contact anyone from the management of this board. All my emails to them have been deleted without being read so I figure they don't give a damn.

As far as I can see this board will have no active moderators and posts will remain unapproved.

I must say that after years of working for this board I am really pissed off.

Goodbye.

Oh dear

this is a shame - I have not been here long and was hoping this could become a useful board but have slowly been coming to the same conclusion as i see more and more useless posts in answer to questions that have been posted purely to try and gain a link.

I'll probably hang around see if there is any improvements but to be honest I get the same feeling as Roban.

What do any of the other real members here think about this? There has been over 130 views of this post and I'm the first to reply, perhaps an indication??

Hippi

Yes it is a shame Hippi. We all came on board at a request from an admin named jpnyc. Joe was very active and we had a happy board then he was fired. Afterwards we had zero input from the administration and I have been trying to contact them but to no avail. One by one the moderators have been leaving and soon there will be none left.

All we ask is some involvement from management but they have not had the decency to respond to my emails asking to discuss issues and when I received notice that my emails were deleted without even being read I took that as an indication that they didn't care.

I can't delete my own account so I still get notifications of posts like this one and your reported post.

Quote Originally Posted by roban View Post
    I can't delete my own account so I still get notifications of posts like this one and your reported post.
    I reported the posts but realised today as i surfed around a bit that there are hundreds of these posts, I' guessing bot generated. Like i say a real shame, i would consider setting up a resource like this but doing so from scratch seems like too much work for benefit just to spend days tackling spam and idiots.

If you know of any decent ones, let me know i enjoy being part of such places, learning for myself and teachin others is not a bad way to spend an hour or so

Hippi,

This forum used to be one of the best. Since the main admin guy (Joe) was let go, the place has been in steady decline. The owner/s seem not to care ... except for the ad income they must still generate. At least three of us mods have contacted them numerous times and none of us has gotten any answer or acknowledgment whatsoever.

Here's hoping Roban's new forum takes off.
    The Old Sarge

it would help if you invited some new members.

Not been a member here that long - some of my posts seem to get put in a moderation queue but others were approved/posted immediately. Will check out your forum roban.

Roban's dreams/nightmares have come true

Thanks to him reaching out to corporate QuintStreets, the site owners, I and SuperSparks are here to help out the site moderators.

Feel free to use the Feedback forum if you have any comments or concerns

--Steve

Ah the cavalry has arrived. Good to see you here Steve. I think the Moderators Only forum would be the place for us to discuss forum issues.
    Last edited by roban; 03-14-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Thread Information