Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Do you know market share for OS Commerce, Magento, Volusion, etc?

Do you know market share for OS Commerce, Magento, Volusion, etc?

Hello,
    We are wondering what platforms most people use. We are building plugins for our store search software for online stores. We built one for Magento, another for a platform called Oxid out of Germany, but OS Commerce, Volusion, etc? How many users do they have?

I did get an interesting link about this but these stats are a mixed basket of payment solutions, SSL, and shopping carts. Anyone know something better than:
    http://trends.builtwith.com/shop

Thanks,
    Dan

Dan,
    thanks for this web site, it is very interesting statistic. Sorry, don't know the answer for your question.

I can't tell you about anyone else, but I used Volusion for a couple of stores. Primarily because it is the most intuitive and easiest to learn. This was very important since the only experience I had with online store up until that point, was shopping on them .

Quote Originally Posted by JEccles View Post
    I can't tell you about anyone else, but I used Volusion for a couple of stores. Primarily because it is the most intuitive and easiest to learn. This was very important since the only experience I had with online store up until that point, was shopping on them .
    Can you show me your website, I want to know about Volusion and what is the exact use of this.

Can any explain me about this software in short?

Unfortunately, two of the stores shut down and the third is in the process of it as we are working on updating our primary site. However, the best way to get a feel for their product is to signup for their 2 week free trail. That is what sold me on them to begin with.

Do you know any other websites which is created in Volusion.
    I want to know only one thing, is this best for making shopping sites? because i want create website immediately.

Hello, Dan!

I don't know about other solutions, but there are more than 15 000 CS-Cart based online stores at the moment.

I checked the CS-Cart and it looks impressive but before spend $295 i wish to see any one e-store which is created through CS-Cart.

If you know any store then please suggest me and one more thing i want to ask you that is, The $295 is one time charge or monthly charge?

Not sure market share but I've been using Volusion for a couple of sites I own

Hello, enKonversations!

Thank you for your interest. $295 is a one-time payment, which also includes 1 month of free support and 1 year access to all the updates.

Feel free to check the sites from our Live Stores section: http://www.cs-cart.com/live-stores.html

If you need, I can also give you the examples in some specific areas (like traveling or jewelry).

Thanks CS-cart for information,

This is information is sufficient for me.
    I want to know each and every thing about cs-cart like hosting charges, after 1 year charges, life time charges etc..

I send you PM please check that also.

Thank you for your questions.

We do not provide hosting services ourselves, but have a number of recommended hosting companies: http://www.cs-cart.com/compatible-hosting.html

When 1-year is over, you will be able to purchase the next subscription plan at discounted price within a month. But it is not necessary, you will be able to continue using the existing version of the software without purchasing the maintenance plan if you do not need to upgrade your store to the next version of CS-Cart.

Please check PM also.

Some of them list how many websites they host on their sales pages but beware they inflate those numbers with free trial signups and such so you can never really tell for sure. Im sure the open source carts have larger audiences but those are mostly people who aren't paying for the service so they also might not be willing to pay for an add-on.
    Ecommerce-Hosting-Guru.com
    Shopping Cart Reviews

I've liked both Volusion and Magento

Magento is the platform we use now.that is better , i didn't find any wrong with that .

Thread Information