Thread: Merchant account solution

Merchant account solution

I'm running a website where I'll be selling on a low volume. I'm trying to register for 2CO for easy processing. They ask for company information and other thing. I don't own a company. Just do internet marketing and have personal accounts. How to proceed?

At some point you'll have to enter a company. Just enter whatever you want, John Smith Company will do and use your social security number as your tax ID. You'll need to verify a bank account as well so be prepared.

Roban's suggestion is the best. If you are just doing a low volume of business, it's not worth the hassle of registering a business name.

I have same problems . Roban's ideal is very good , i will do it as you say thank you ....

it may be can not proceed

Having company is important. God forbid somebody will have legal action against something. You need to protect yourself from business issues.

I guess if you represent yourself as a freelancer it won't do but have a try))

To be a freelancer is a good solution.

You may want to use PayPal to accept payments online until your have a legal entity.

Thread Information