Thread: How to develop mobile commerce site?

How to develop mobile commerce site?

Hello,

My client has asked me to develop a mobile site for their e-commerce business. They used Magento for their e-commerce site. I looked at different options available but can't decide what is the best. The options are:

1. Use Magento's Mobile App. This seems ok except that it's little too expensive for my client's size and we both agreed that mobile web is better for us than mobile app.

2. Use Magento's iPhone Themes. I saw that there are some themes developed for mobile phones. These costs around $150. However, we are concerned that using a template and running Magento for our mobile site would degrade the performance. My client wants the mobile site to be highly optimized and fast.

3. I can write a new web application from scratch and make it target mobile devices. In this case, I'd have to get the data from Magento either by web services or some other means.

What do you guys think is the best option? Also, are there any other alternatives that I'm not aware of?

Thank you.

Seong Bae

i have also a Mobile phone recycling website, i need seo help.
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 03-22-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: link removed

Hi

in order to develop a mobile commerce site, i would suggest to get services from company who is proffesional in this field.
    unless, you know how to develop a site by your own.

best of luck

BigCommerce already has a mobile commerce platform built within your storefront.
    Last edited by C0ldf1re; 07-07-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Link removed

I search for shopping cart software that has feature mobile commerce. I found many software that support this feature such as Bigcommerce, volution, pinnacle cart, aspdotnetstorefont, vevocart, mobify, mobicart but not all of those software is free. I think if your client business size is not to large free software is solution. Vevocart is ok it free with mobile commerce and unlimited product but it base on .net not php like magento. Mobi-cart is has add-on that allow for automated synchronization of products and orders between MobiCart and your shopping cart mobi-cart.com/addons/ but I don't know add-on is product limited. Hope my suggestion may help you.

Thread Information