Thread: Recommendations on a web commerce builder/suggestions on developing my site?

Recommendations on a web commerce builder/suggestions on developing my site?

I'm quite green when it comes to e-commerce but i'd like to start a delivery based aesthetics company selling products from various companies around the world. I currently have a retail store and think the transition to a digital medium may help sales and also keep me up to speed with competitors

I'm not savvy with programming or web design, so a few people recommended that i check out website builders like volusion.

I was initially gung ho about volusion but after reading a few reviews that complain about terrible loading speeds, issues with bandwidth, inability to customize sites and a lack of functional features I thought i would see the help of a community to help steer me in the right direction.

Basically my goal is to

- provide a digital medium to sell my beauty products (hair, skin, makeup etc)

- create a login page for users to track their purchases and review previous ones as well as have current items recommended ot them based on their previous purchases

- be able to update the site in real time to keep up to date with current lspecials and new products launches

- allow users to checkout online (either through google/amazon or some registered merchant)

- forums for users to discuss different products

- tracking numbers assigned to users for their purchases.

- and of course create a compelling and attractive web interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and enticing as well

I think that about sums it up for now, hopefully you guys cna help shed some light or perhaps guide me to more reputable resources!

Cheers!

New Ecommerce Platform for Health and Beauty Store

You may want to check out GoECart Ecommerce Solution for your new online beauty store. It has all the features you are looking for. It is a step up from Volusion so you'd need a higher budget but it is designed for serious merchants.

A number of shopping carts will suit your requirements, so it is better to check several of them (at least the demo stores) to make up your mind.

With Volusion, you will eventually need to do all the setup yourself although it does not involve programming. It could still be complicated and you still pay a lot while you can simply have someone else build it for you.

PrestaShop can handle all of this, most of which completely free and built-into the core software. For the forum, you may need to purchase a module, but those are usually pretty inexpensive and extremely easy to use,.

Cheers,
    Matthew

There are so many options out there, you just need to try out the demo's and see if you like what they have to offer.

Thread Information