Thread: Sitemaps and SEO techniques

Sitemaps and SEO techniques

I want to know if the sitemaps are really very important for a website. Does it affect the performance of a website? I want to know if it has significance from the SEO point of view. I know few basic things about it but I would like to know if it has something more to know. I know that sitemaps actually work as a guide for the users and are helpful in navigating a site. Should I need to install a sitemap in my website? Right now, I do not have any sitemap for my web site. Will t he installing of sitemap improve the browsing by the users?

Yes sitemaps is really very important for our site as its shows way and direction to search engine bot to crawl on each and every pages so that it will get indexed later.

Sitemap works like index of any book.

website sitemap is very friendly for visitor,and the xml sitemap is good for google.

sitemap is good idea to fast improving and long term technique. Mostly search engine like XML but page title and page contents is to effective to search engine optimization.
    The Game is Over

Using sitemaps has many benefits, not only easier navigation and better visibility by search engines. Sitemaps offer the opportunity to inform search engines immediately about any changes on your site. Of course, you cannot expect that search engines will rush right away to index your changed pages but certainly the changes will be indexed faster, compared to when you don't have a sitemap.

Also, when you have a sitemap and submit it to the search engines, you rely less on external links that will bring search engines to your site. Sitemaps can even help with messy internal links - for instance if you by accident have broken internal links or orphaned pages that cannot be reached in other way (though there is no doubt that it is much better to fix your errors than rely on a sitemap).

If your site is new, or if you have a significant number of new (or recently updated pages), then using a sitemap can be vital to your success. Although you can still go without a sitemap, it is likely that soon sitemaps will become the standard way of submitting a site to search engines. Though it is certain that spiders will continue to index the Web and sitemaps will not make the standard crawling procedures obsolete, it is logical to say that the importance of sitemaps will continue to increase.

Sitemaps also help in classifying your site content, though search engines are by no means obliged to classify a page as belonging to a particular category or as matching a particular keyword only because you have told them so.

Having in mind that the sitemap programs of major search engines (and especially Google) are still in beta, using a sitemap might not generate huge advantages right away but as search engines improve their sitemap indexing algorithms, it is expected that more and more sites will be indexed fast via sitemaps.
    Moisture measurement solutions and hand-held moisture meter lines for your wood or concrete moisture problems.

agree with what's said about xml sitemaps

Yes, sitemaps are very important for a website. There are 2 types of the sitemaps:
    1. HTML sitemap: It helps visitors to know about the websites navigation

2. XML sitemap: It helps to search engine crawlers to know about the updated website pages..

Sitemaps are a way to tell google about pages on your site. Sitemap makes relationship between pages and other content components.
    There are two important type of site maps:
    1. XML
    2. HTML

Sitemap is important for index your website(web pages) in major Search Engines. It is one of the main SEO technique.

Thread Information