Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Inventory Management

Inventory Management

I am creating a multi-store, distributed inventory management system. It has the option of using HSQL or MySQL as the database. I recommend MySQL since it is an enterprise capable database system and it's free. Anyway, I was in the automotive aftermarket for 10 years and I am determined to create the best inventory management system available for the auto parts industry. If you would like to download it and try it out and give me your feedback, you can get it at: InvManager

Thanks.

does this integrate with any other software like erp or is this a stand alone product?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrooks View Post
    does this integrate with any other software like erp or is this a stand alone product?
    It's a stand alone product.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzwf View Post
    I am creating a multi-store, distributed inventory management system. It has the option of using HSQL or MySQL as the database. I recommend MySQL since it is an enterprise capable database system and it's free. Anyway, I was in the automotive aftermarket for 10 years and I am determined to create the best inventory management system available for the auto parts industry. If you would like to download it and try it out and give me your feedback, you can get it at: InvManager

Thanks.
    do you have a demo?

Sounds like some cool software

IM Software

Sounds good, is the data exportable into an ERP system? I may be interested in looking at this if it can export data through an api or xml feed of some sort so that the data is live in the ERP system, so the rest of teh business can be on the same page.

Our ERP is written in My SQL and is pretty versatile.

it is running in the pc without apache server environment .

Hi Fritzwf,

Is Accounting function is embedded and built at InvManager?

WK

Seems good, is the facts exportable in to a great ERP technique? I may be considering thinking about this kind of if it could upload facts with an api or maybe xml feed associated with some kind in order that the facts can be are now living in your ERP technique, hence the relaxation associated with technological company is usually about the same site.

Gold Coast business coach
    Last edited by Alien23; 08-13-2012 at 01:44 PM.

I noticed that a few people were asking about this integrating with other systems like an ERP system, however it looks like this application is stand alone. An application that can integrate multiple systems with each other is FoxtrotOne from EnableSoft. Its a business automation software.

Also there are a number of companies that use FoxtrotOne to automate inventory management. You can create scripts in FoxtrotOne that can update the inventory in mass.

One quick example is a company that has around 85,000 items they sell, has about 1,000 - 3,000 items added, deleted and updated each month. Doing these updates manually they could only get through around 40 per day, which is struggling to even stay on pace with the updates for the month. With FoxtrotOne they complete the entire set of updates in less than a day.

Hi Inejame,

I am very keen to explore the possibility of integrate inventory software and accounting software. We have 2 different systems in our organization (UBS Accounting Software from Sage and Inventory Software from Chronos eStockcard)

How FoxtrotOne can integrate them since we are using eStockCard to manage movement of inventory but UBS for material cost calculation? After each transaction has been performed by eStockCard but it must be fed to UBS for immediate cost calculation.

Hi wkliaw,

First off, what type of interface do UBS and eStockcard use? Web-based, Windows based or "green-screen"?

Secondly, how do you currently transfer the data from eStockcard to UBS? is this done manually? Does this need to be a real time movement of data or is the update of UBS a batch process?

Foxtrot can work with virtually any application that is Web-based, Windows based or "green-screen". It can do real-time integrations between systems or it can work with batch updates.

I don't see on this forum how to private message someone, if there is we can discuss in more detail through private message.

Hi wkliaw,

First off, what type of interface do UBS and eStockcard use? Web-based, Windows based or "green-screen"?

Secondly, how do you currently transfer the data from eStockcard to UBS? is this done manually? Does this need to be a real time movement of data or is the update of UBS a batch process?

Foxtrot can work with virtually any application that is Web-based, Windows based or "green-screen". It can do real-time integrations between systems or it can work with batch updates.

I don't see on this forum how to private message someone, if there is we can discuss in more detail through private message.

Inventory management involves a retailer seeking to acquire and maintain a proper merchandise assortment while ordering, shipping, handling, and related costs are kept in check.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore.v View Post
    Inventory management involves a retailer seeking to acquire and maintain a proper merchandise assortment while ordering, shipping, handling, and related costs are kept in check.
    You may want to consider software such as SpringMicro. SpringMicro is your one stop solution for asset tracking improvements.

Thread Information