Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Important tips for SEO

Important tips for SEO

Getting your site listed in a major search engine isn’t necessarily a difficult task, but maintaining a desired ranking can be. Here are a few tips to help you get in good with the search engines and boost your traffic in the process.

1.) Don’t Forget Your Visitors: One of the most common SEO mistakes is putting too much emphasis on the search engine spiders and not enough on the visitors. While the search engine exists to help your audience find you, they can’t do their job if your site is not appealing to human readers. To get the best results, identify your target audience, ensure that you craft engaging and web content and blog articles to keep them interested and informed. In addition, it is important to design the site with easy navigation in mind.

2.) Factor Keywords into Your Design: Keywords are so important to SEO that a properly infused word can have a tremendous impact on the ranking process. There could be several innovative concepts you plan on incorporating, but if they aren’t useful to your audience, you may need to rethink your strategy. When designing your site, focus on keywords and other appealing content relative to the type of audience you are looking to attract.

3.) Think Crawler-Friendly: All search engines identify web pages through small programs known as spiders or crawlers. These programs are trained to crawl through your site and categorize its pages based on relevance against the searches performed by internet users. The problem is that they can’t interpret Javascript links and menus or Flash and other graphic heavy content. For this reason, you should keep your site as simple as possible with the HTML coding search engine crawlers have no trouble processing.

4.) Go for Rich Content: When it comes to effective SEO, content is definitely king. This is the very factor that enables the search engines to comprehend your website, index and rank it accordingly. Google, Yahoo, MSN and all the internet search engines love websites that are rich in content as they provide the essential text needed for indexing. While your content should be centered around keywords, it should also be relative and informative to your audience. In the end, this will help you achieve good rankings and a steady pace of visitors.

5.) Make Your Links Count: One of the most vital elements of search engine optimization is link exchange. This simply means that you have your website URL featured on other websites. The key is trading links with similar sites that are in good standards with the search engines. The better your website content, the better chance you have of acquiring a nice amount of quality links.
    6.) Don’t Worry About Your Rankings: As it relates to search engines, ranking is a very ambiguous term. In fact, there is no standard method to determine how fast or where you will rank. With so many players in the competitive world of online marketing, there just isn’t enough white space for everyone to fit on the front page of Google.

Great article. It would be even better if you gave credit to the person who actually wrote it back in 2009.

Thanks for sharing this information.This could help many of the people who are into online business.SEO techniques are all about attracting users to the website.It is essential to have good content in the website so that the user is dragged to view the site.

I completely agree with the above tips which help us to get the right visitors on the website. Targeting right keyword with the proper way of link building for getting the higher ranking into the search results.

Excellent post! I've added my two cents below.

Getting your site listed in a major search engine isn’t necessarily a difficult task,
    But to rank well is work. Shortcuts won't do it and tricks can get you penalized.

1.) Don’t Forget Your Visitors: One of the most common SEO mistakes is putting too much emphasis on the search engine spiders and not enough on the visitors.
    Exactly. Many people focus on the engines, which is fatal. Treat your visitors right and they will keep coming back.

2.) Factor Keywords into Your Design: Keywords are so important to SEO that a properly infused word can have a tremendous impact on the ranking process.
    I agree. I wouldn't write any pages without using a researched keyword. You have to know what visitors are looking for and write for the visitor. (Which is #1, above).

3.) Think Crawler-Friendly: All search engines identify web pages through small programs known as spiders or crawlers.
    Again, I agree. Bloated code, over the top graphics (or misused images) and faulty navigation will work against you.

4.) Go for Rich Content: When it comes to effective SEO, content is definitely king.
    Every page on your site is an invitation and a doorway through which search engines send traffic. The more content you have, the more invitations you put out. Plus, in the event that one page drops in rankings, other pages will remain high, keeping your traffic stable.

5.) Make Your Links Count:
    I would add that a high-quality linking strategy is imperative. Never ever, engage in linking schemes or link spam. Deadly stuff, no matter how tempting or who tells you its okay. Reference? Study Panda update issues. Spammy links will get you penalized - sooner or later.
    6.) Don’t Worry About Your Rankings:
    Well, I do worry about my rankings, but not in the typical sense. My personal site has so many pages that I'm always in the top 10 with majority of them. So my traffic rides high and stable without me. However, if the traffic ever stopped, I would go right to my rankings to see what's up. Then I would track that back to discover the problem and rectify it.

It is possible to rank highly, but it's not done using get rich quick methods. It takes time, work, and a process.

Thanks for your post!
    Warm Regards,

Denise

Your Visitors is the most important!

Awesome post.

As you have mentioned all important and basic points concern to this SEO. I am sure if any one who can do SEO like this way then it will gives lots of benefits to its site and also helps lots in business promotion.

Thanks a lot for this highly important and useful post.

your points are very strong and description is valuable.
    according to my experience facebook fan page is very effective.
    The Game is Over

Thanks for enumerating those factors. It surely aids in giving newbies like us more information on what to focus as a Seo to maximize search engine visibility.
    I certainly agree with you that having rich content definitely helps. People love to search for informative websites.

SEO is a process of improving the visibility of websites.It is very important on line marketing tool which has various benefits on promoting websites.

Seo tips

Basic Seo Tips:
    1-Don’t use the same Metas for every page.
    2-Avoid using links with the same anchor text.
    3-Do network with other Website owners.
    4-Don’t compete for single keywords.
    5-Design your Website to be SEO friendly.
    6-While posting in forums do follow rules and regulations
    7-Write to the topic and be meaningful
    8-Don't ask question in answer to the question.
    9-Implement unique META titles and descriptions for all of your pages.
    10-Add an HTML sitemap to your site.

I Like this site your article is very nice , Thanks, very interesting , keep up it coming.

1.Use keywords in your file names
    2.Commit yourself to the process.
    3.GET A SITE MAP
    4.Find the Best Keywords
    5.Title and ALT Attribute in Links

This is really impressive article and as per my knowledge this is the perfect way of SEO.
    I like 2 - 3 points more, Which is very crucial in SEO.
    Like Rich Content, Crawler-Friendly and i like one like more that is "Don’t Worry About Your Rankings" this is little bite funny sentence.

This is exactly what we did for a brand new URL in a highly competitive market and in 5 weeks and 2 day got it to the first page of Google for Precious Metals

link removed

Thread Information