Page 1 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: PPC or SEO

PPC or SEO

I have been working on PPC/SEO projects for various clients for the last 2-3 years. However, I have started to feel that PPC / Adwords is loosing its sheen over the last few years.

More and more clicks from competitors and absurd costs/keyword are making things difficult for PPC marketers.

Nowdays, I am focusing more on SEO and results are much better. If you manage to get your website ranked near the top results for a highly competitive keyword then it can easily turn your website into a golden goose.

I would like to know your experience regarding PPC/Adwords. Do let me know if you have faced issues.
    Contact for SEO Marketing and Web Design SEO Services.
    SEO Company India - BSolutions can help your business website to achieve top SEO Rankings.

PPC is good for the immediate traffic for a new site. However, as you mentioned, it gets expensive pretty quickly. SEO is slower but more effective, IMO, and if done yourself, it's even "free".
    The Old Sarge

ppc and seo is important for a website.

I am agree with The old Sarge in this concern

PPC -Paid and Quick way to grab traffic for new site

SEO -Free and Time Consuming way but proves effective for lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by seo-marketing View Post
    I have been working on PPC/SEO projects for various clients for the last 2-3 years. However, I have started to feel that PPC / Adwords is loosing its sheen over the last few years.

More and more clicks from competitors and absurd costs/keyword are making things difficult for PPC marketers.

Nowdays, I am focusing more on SEO and results are much better. If you manage to get your website ranked near the top results for a highly competitive keyword then it can easily turn your website into a golden goose.

I would like to know your experience regarding PPC/Adwords. Do let me know if you have faced issues.
    PPC and SEO are methods to generate quality traffic on your website. PPC is paid channel and SEO is organic channel.

Both channels are very important and able to give good conversion. If it will do with proper manner.

I suppose to ask one main question. What is your main business goal? SEO is on going process and able to give you benefits at long terms. During task & after task.

PPC is on going process. If your campaign will pause so, you will not get traffic. SEO have no limitation in that direction.

Why not do both? Do PPC and have a campaign running, then during that campaign in some free time work on SEO.
    Find the best ecommerce solutions at ZippyCart!!

If I were to choose between the two techniques on having an increase in bounce rate, visit views and visitors I would chose SEO though it is time consuming and you have to wait for a couple of months before you see the changes but all the hard works are paid because it is the result will be for longer period of time.

We have received very poor results from PPC and AdWords campaign in the past. However I should say that AdWords is an enormous network and it is hard for its staff to fix issues and to improve the advertising network is a way which brings better results for advertisers. unfortunately many publishes use unfair practices and and put ads on websites poor of content.

However I have see AdWords to improve a lot within the last year. It has also become harder to manage the campaigns there. But i think that a progress has been made by Google.
    Host Color
    Web Hosting Services - in U.S. & Europe

SEO Keyword Research

PPC and SEO can go hand in hand. I find PPC to be a valuable tool in SEO keyword research.

Before investing a great deal of SEO efforts for certain certain keyword(s), it can be beneficial to run a PPC campaign for the respective keyword you are interested in. In other words, run an exact match keyword campaign, and measure the results.

i agreed with The Old Sarge,

PPC goes more expensive because informative clicks by users and competitors. But seo gives great result with low budget, yes it is take time but at least the result is for long term.

I feel that PPC still active as SEO, but I'm putting PPC in the second position after SEO
    since SEO is what in your mind! it need great effort no money required
    while PPC is what in your pocket! and I hate things when it comes to my pocket LOL

anyway, both are important and can't be separated!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Dawod View Post
    I feel that PPC still active as SEO, but I'm putting PPC in the second position after SEO
    since SEO is what in your mind! it need great effort no money required
    while PPC is what in your pocket! and I hate things when it comes to my pocket LOL

anyway, both are important and can't be separated!
    Are you saying that SEO is not effective without PPC or that PPC is not effective without SEO?
    The Old Sarge

I don't think the debate has to be "PPC or SEO." I think SEO works well when it's not cost-effective to pay for each visitor, while PPC works well if you have high conversion rates, high earnings and make enough to subsidize the cost of paying for individual visitors.

I usually look at it like this: run a PPC campaign, see how effective it is. If it works well (not based on money, but conversions/sales), then take the time to invest with SEO. PPC is short-term, SEO is long-term, and they work best when they work together.

Search engines have more controls on what can and can't be included in a paid search ad. Best practices aside an SEO can make a title tag say whatever they want. PPC advertising gives immediate results, because once you set up your campaign and ad group you are posting list is results.

As per my Concern SEO is the Best Coz For Long Time Business, Adwords we are not sure how many Genuine Visitors, As you said Most of the clicks are frm Competitors. I always prefer SEO Only

Thread Information