Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: New Developer Site

New Developer Site

Looking for feedback on my new developer site. I have features planned that will be added as I can build traffic. However, I'm just looking for comments about issues I might not already be aware of.

http://www.blackbeltcoder.com

Thanks.

I would recommend having information on the home page that describes exactly what the site is about. Make sure to include strong key words for SEO. This will help SEO as well as the actual visitors to quickly know what they are looking at.

New Developer Website

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCommerceJM View Post
    I would recommend having information on the home page that describes exactly what the site is about. Make sure to include strong key words for SEO. This will help SEO as well as the actual visitors to quickly know what they are looking at.
    Just curious, do you recommend I describe the purpose of the site on the home page because you don't think that's clear, or only because of SEO concerns?

Thanks.

Both. Actually having an about us page would be ok anywhere for SEO, but I work with developers all day and am immersed in this industry and I still wasn't sure what my purpose would be on your site. If I can't find my purpose, then where will your traffic come from and what will they do when they get there? Those are the questions you have to answer. The second needs to be clear to visitors. If your site is just a bunch of information about development, then it needs structure so that the visitors eyes don't glaze over and they go in search of info elsewhere. Your site is kind of a random pile of information in regards to development. The key to the success of your site will be structuring it into an encyclopedia of information, then having enough content that sells your encyclopedia.

New Developer Website

Hmm... That requires some thinking.

It says "Developer Articles and Source Code" right at the top. The newest articles are listed right on the home page. And there's a navigation menu in the side bar. Looking at codeproject.com, they don't really describe the purpose of the site on the home page. And Google has actually been fairly kind to the site. Most links refer to individual article pages.

I'm not dismissing your comment and I do want to be ultra clear to everyone. But I need to think about how to make it more clear. Any text at the top pushes down the latest articles, possibly making things even less clear.

Thanks for the feedback. As I say, I'll need to think on this a bit.

Good website

you website looking good.

From
    Webmaster
    totaldotnet.com

Search engine optimization, we will work with developers during the day, I have been immersed in this industry is still my goal, I do not know how to site.

I agree with the second post. Give a bit more intro in such a manner, even non-geek ppl can understand. And the layout looks a bit stuffy, why don't you use a page wise horizontal layout?

U must do SEO of ur site..then u will increase traffic on ur site definitely..

download

hi.
    i seen Ur question.. I have no perfectly ans about this.

Looks good, I would recommend working on the site navigation and may adding more content about the site

Make certain to comprise burly key words for SEO. This will assist SEO as well as the real guests to rapidly recognize what they are looking at.

For the purpose of SEO you should make use of strong keyword. This will be useful in attracting visitors, as they will readily understand the meaning of the content.

SEO, but I work with developers all day and are immersed in this industry and I still wasn't definite what my purpose would be on your site.

Needs new user interface. The website purpose is not direct. I got lost entering your site. Don't know what you actually do.
    Start your own E-Commerce Video Shop for Free! Fastest and Easiest Way to Buy and Sell Your Unwanted Things. Sell Your Old Stuff Now. It''s 100% Free

Thread Information