Thread: SEO legalities

SEO legalities

I don’t see myself as well-versed with search engine optimization, and I admit I’m totally new to all of this. I’m here to learn as much as I can about it, so I could eventually make the right decisions later on. I’ve heard about “black hat” and “white hat” strategies, but I don’t really know quite what exactly do they mean. What’s with all the “hats” anyway? Can anybody point out the reasons why “black hat” is considered unethical? Is it true that using these “black hat” techniques would eventually get a website penalized, or even banned, from search engines?

The terms are really a nod to the old TV and Movie westerns where the good guys wore white hats an the bad guys wore black hats. Don't know how that whole thing got started.

Yes, using Black Hat techniques can cause you to get banned. Any benefit you would get would be short term and not worth the risk.

SEO legalities

Black hat technique is nothing but a spamming technique. It might provide quick results in search engines for your websites but in a long run the website will get penalized or might be banned.

White hat technique is a natural or organic process in getting results in Search Engines.

Cheers!
    andy

link removed

Andrew, black hat is not unethical. Its just that the pracatices are not accepted by Google, to ensure there are no shortcuts to success and everyone has a fair chance to succeed, think and better market themselves to the people they want to make a mark with. We always try to find the easiest way to tackle the Google updates and finally they tackle us with new update releases. Learning through BlackHat methods are real good knowledge to know what can happen and can be done.

White hat includes on-page and off-page SEO techniques, which is accepted by major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. Black hat is like short cuts to increase internet traffic and higher page rank. As per Google search engine point of view, it is unethical and that's the one of reason for the penalty.

Thread Information