Thread: starting out

starting out

Hello folks... first time user to this forum. Thanks for the access. I hope I can contribute in days to come.

For now, I have a question.

I'm just starting a new business, and want to get online buying set up on a website. I've been talking to a web builder guy, and to a rep from my bank (TD Canada Trust).

The bank guy says that the ONLY gateway they will accept in their system is beanstream. His emails with various forms a scripts seem designed to confuse, rather then enlighten.

My web builder guy, while not an ecommerce expert, suggests that there are several services (gateways? payment processors? shopping carts?) that can be used and they "should" all be able to end up transferring the cash to my standard business bank account.

I'm not "married" to TD Canada Trust, I've dealt with them for years on a personal level, but I don't want to limit myself.

I have simple needs, 40 products, a simple website, and I'd like to handle both credit cards AND Paypal, is a secure and safe manner.

So, my question is this:

Can a shopping cart/ecommerce system be configured to direct the resulting money into any or most types of business bank accounts?

I'd welcome your advice and any suggestions regarding systems to use.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Peter.

The answer to your questions is 'absolutely'. Almost all shopping carts today offer a variety of gateways. The one I use is Authorize.Net for Mastercard, Visa and Amex and the money is deposited into my business account. A business account is a prerequisite.

The cart I use is CS-Cart but with Authorize.Net you can also design your own cart and use their 'Buy' buttons which is a very nice feature for those with small carts and don't need the full functionality of a commercial cart system.

Hi Peter,

You should use a shopping cart which can be integrated with a variety of payment gateways in order to give you a choice. Most payment service providers like us are able to support a large number of various carts, so you can choose the one which is best for you and your customers.
    Additionally you will need an internet merchant account before you can start accepting online payments.

You can contact us directly if you need any help with the setup.

Hope this helps

Eva

Hi Peter,
    For your question: Can a shopping cart/ecommerce system be configured to direct the resulting money into any or most types of business bank accounts?

-- You should use a shopping cart which can be integrated with a variety of payment gateways in order to give you a choice. And the one i reccomend you is AsiaCash - Compatibility with OSCommerce, ZenCart, CubeCart, and many other popular shopping cart systems, this can offer you both Merchant Accounts and 3rd-Party Accounts in order to accommodate businesses of all sizes and types.

The payment platform gives you the ability to process all major credit card brands, at a very affordable price, also offerring merchant accounts, payment gateway and advanced fraud protection.

Post deleted. No solicitation allowed in open forums.

We have built a solution that already ties to Beanstream and I mention this only to wave their flag a little. I find Beanstream a dream to use when compared to Moneris and others. Their staff actually answer the phone and don't put you on hold when you call. They begin to know you by name and their actual digital service is also second to none.

We have understood their scripts and have written in .net. I can show you can how this can be done if you are fairly techno savvy otherwise I am sure you can find a solution provider to help facilitate your need.

If it is your aim to clear Canadian and American funds (even though we first started with TD ourselves) we find Royal Bank to be the best equipped in international currencies.

I hope this helps.
    E-commerce and Content Management made Affordable and Easy:
    http://www.coremanagementsolutions.com

Thanks to you all for your careful replies...

So far we have decided to use Paypal only... if business expands then I will doubtless be back to re-read...

Thanks again

Glad you worked it out. Paypal is normally a great place to start
    E-commerce and Content Management made Affordable and Easy:
    http://www.coremanagementsolutions.com

Thread Information