Page 1 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: Tips for start your own business??

Tips for start your own business??

Hello
    I always dreamed about having my own business, talked to friends about it, and imagined how it might be. But it was only after two people in my life gave me a push that I started doing instead of dreaming. First, my former boss said to me, when we were both thinking about moving on, "I never looked for a job, I always went out and created my own." Given her advice, I hired a business coach to help me map out my next career steps. My coach saw my entrepreneurial spirit and encouraged me to start a business. So I moved from dreaming to doing.

The first few months of my business I spent setting up a legal structure, registering the business name, implementing an easy accounting system, setting up a business checking account, establishing a line of credit and obtaining business insurance. Each item was time consuming but not difficult. The more difficult work was writing my business plan and marketing plan. I talked to professional colleagues and volunteers at the Small Business Administration and SCORE, and read books on marketing. The process was slow because I was learning along the way, but I now use both business and marketing plans as daily roadmaps to guide my actions. One of the easier and fun parts of the first few months, for me, was working with a designer to create a logo, business cards, stationery, brochure and Web site.

I also started networking -- an activity that never ceases. There are many organizations to join. The trick is figuring out which ones to choose. I finally decided on being involved with a half a dozen organizations, which can either bring me business or help me learn more about building my business or both.

Dog Nutrition
    Last edited by eliza17; 12-04-2009 at 02:42 AM.

Hello friends

1) Do what you love:You're going to devote a lot of time and energy to starting a business and building it into a successful enterprise, so it's really important that you truly deeply enjoy what you do, whether it is running fishing charters, creating pottery or providing financial advice.
    2) Start your business while you're still employed:How long can most people live without money? Not long. And it may be a long time before your new business actually makes any profits. Being employed while you're starting your business means money in your pocket while you're going through the business start up process.
    3) Don't do it alone:You need a support system while you're starting a business. A family member or friend that you can bounce ideas off and who will listen sympathetically to the latest business start up crisis is invaluable.
    4) Get clients or customers firston't wait until you've officially started your business to line these up, because your business can't survive without them. Do the networking. Make the contacts. Sell or even give away your products or services. You can't start marketing too soon.
    5) Write a business plan:The main reason for doing a business plan first is that it can help you avoid sinking your time and money into starting a business that will not succeed.

Have a nice day

You two have such close IPs I wonder if you're actually neighbors ...
    The Old Sarge

I’d like to give you some quick tips and pointers on how you can succeed in your business:

- Take note of your skills, talents and interests.
    - Finding out is there a market for your idea/skills
    - Make realistic business plan and follow it.
    - Think like a customer for your proposed business and provide them quality products and services which are direct proportional to more customers and business.
    - Determine how you will gain customers
    - Effectively manage your time and continuing to learn more about your business and customers.
    - Consider professional help in advertising your business, for this you can sign-up on online business marketplaces where their experts help and guide you regarding marketing tips and latest business trends.
    Last edited by Joe Micheal; 01-25-2010 at 06:27 AM.

Here’s ten ideas on how to start your own business and avoid that fate.

1. Define your unique point of difference

Why will a customer come to you instead of anybody else? Are you better, more accurate, cheaper, more convenient, easy to install? Whatever your unique difference is, this is the question that, once answered, becomes the basis of all of your marketing messages.
    2. A powerful vision

Why are you in business in the first place? What’s the inspirational dream that convinced you to go out on your own? There may be times when you doubt yourself, but if your vision is strong, it will be the thing that sees you through those times.
    3. Repeatable, scalable systems

Any activity that occurs more than once in your business needs a system or process so it gets performed exactly the same way, every single time. This consistency means that you can handle extra volumes in the most efficient way, and that the customer gets the same experience (hopefully a great one!), every time they do business with you.

Wake up everyday like it is your last. Put your blinders on and focus positivley on your goals. Learn from your failures. Find a mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray9205 View Post
    Wake up everyday like it is your last. Put your blinders on and focus positivley on your goals. Learn from your failures. Find a mentor.
    Yes, Finding a mentor that is very well versed and proven to be very good in managing a small business will be of great advantage.

Every individual person in this world have their own dreams. Almost all people dream about starting their own business and develop on a vast scale. But the dreams come true for some. Any ways, the tips shared over here regarding starting a new business is great. But there are certain thing which should be consider before starting a new business. The points like Proven business, Lower risk, Established customer base, Marketing, Initial and ongoing support, Exclusive territory, Ease of funding, Purchasing power, Pre-purchase information and research and Solid economic niche.

Post Handy hints for you...

Hi,

A good way to establish a presence is by answering questions related to your line of business, on sites like Linked-in. Also, I suggest you try your hand at article marketing. Sites like Ezinearticles, Hubble.com, etc. are places where you can put up articles in your chosen field. Ezinearticles allows you to enter your website URL and some other information in the resource box. This will get your website targeted traffic.

From the information provided by you, it seems that you have gone about systematically thus far. Just keep an ear tuned-in to the latest tech tools you can use to further your business. The biggest assets in any kind of entrepreneurial endeavor are patience and conviction that what you are out to do is worth the effort and resources you put into it.

Wish you all the best!

Regards
    Clayton
    link removed
    Document Management Software for Small Businesses
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 09-21-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Please use the signature feature for your link

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Micheal View Post
    I’d like to give you some quick tips and pointers on how you can succeed in your business:

- Take note of your skills, talents and interests.
    - Finding out is there a market for your idea/skills
    - Make realistic business plan and follow it.
    - Think like a customer for your proposed business and provide them quality products and services which are direct proportional to more customers and business.
    - Determine how you will gain customers
    - Effectively manage your time and continuing to learn more about your business and customers.
    - Consider professional help in advertising your business, for this you can sign-up on online business marketplaces where their experts help and guide you regarding marketing tips and latest business trends.
    Very well said. I especially agree on thinking like a customer. Think of something you'd want to buy or use or go make that

If you really want to be successful with your business you need to make sure that you are doing something that you enjoy otherwise you will not be able to stay motivated.

Our first concern in starting up a business is to be sustainable. But also consider if you really have a passion for that kind of business. Patience and endurance are the next best thing to do. Doing some Market Research could also be a great help.

"Never, never, never give up." - Winston Churchill

Self-made business man Scott Foreman should be interviewed regarding tips to make your own business. He employs approximately twenty (20) U.P. workers! Good going Scott, best of luck to you, your business and your employees (take good care of them) in the present, and as well as in the futrue!

Follow your dreams

If You want to start a business you should:
    1. plan what you want to do. (sell services, sell products etc.)
    2. market analysis (look for potential competitors and research if it is going to sell)
    3. adjust according to the market
    4. Advertise your product
    5. Sell your product
    6. evaluate accordingly.

I wish you good luck in your business. I hope this helps

Thread Information