Thread: Site crashes Firefox

Site crashes Firefox

This started a couple of days ago. I surf the site and eventually Firefox crashes. This only happens here so I'm wondering if anything has been added code-wise.

No, no additions here. But honestly a stiff wind will crash Firefox. Particularly if there are add-ons/extensions.

Have you upgraded to the newest Firefox? Wonder if that would have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BasicECommerce
    Have you upgraded to the newest Firefox? Wonder if that would have something to do with it.
    I use Firefox at home (an older version) and at work (the newest version). Had a few problems at work, now that I think about it. Browser will just suddenly close, and then sometimes reopen itself.

explorer

I had the same problem a few months ago with internet explorer. basically this happens alot due to heavy flash or javascript that are not embedded correctly in site. so if you are running other applications they tend to conflict

Without having the URL and the source code of the concerned page as well as your exact hardware configuration, Firefox version and installed plug-ins, it is nearly impossible to say something.

However my personal experience is that sites using much third party contents (ad banners, tracking modules, etc.) are more susceptible to such issues. Therefore I guess that the operating system also plays a role in these cases (network connections vs. system resources vs. web browser).

The latest Firefox always would crash on me when I visited my Yahoo! Mail. One possible reason is the bug caused by the stand alone Yahoo! Messenger application. The Yahoo! Application State plugin must be turned off for Y-mail to work properly.

Try the following:

(1)Type "aboutlugins" in the Location Bar of your Firefox browser and press Enter. A list of installed plugins should come up.

It might that site suffering from virus , you should leave that site.

send url maybe some programming person can help you

I have the same problem :'(

Thread Information