Thread: SEM help

SEM help

Why is SEO important and can I do this process myself? All the material I am reading SEO and SEM is so technical. I have no idea what I am reading. Please help.

Discover the sneaky (yet legal) strategies will enable you to squeeze every single cent from your website visitors. Each of these Affiliate Landmines could be worth thousands to you!!!
    http://********-affiliate-landmines.com/

I suppose it seems daunting to the novice and I study the process daily to keep myself current. I favor Organic SEO because it deals with processes that haven't changed over time and have been proven to work. It is not as fast as ppc and other money based systems, but it is proven and the least expensive.

If you do nothing, your site will get indexed but that is not the point of SEO. If you get 1000 visitors per day it means nothing unless those visitors are looking for what your site offers. You want targeted visitors and IMO 100 targeted visitors is better than 1000 random ones.

As Roban said, SEO can be daunting but it is something that I believe is totally do-able for every site owner. Most important (to me) is Content - then get your name out there. Directories, Blogs, AdWords - everywhere you can. And remember that this is a daily thing - you can't just do it one day and think your done - it is an ongoing process.

We put together an article on search engine marketing which covers the basics in hopefully a non-techy way.

The only issue with SEM, or SEO in particular is time. Putting aside regular blocks of time each week to carry out link swapping, adding a few informative articles to your web site and other SEO techniques can over time make a big difference.
    Regards,
    David

Internet Retailer eCommerce shops . Geran SEO Search engine optimisation

You should look into Aaron Walls "SEO Book" to start and If you really want to do it yourself look at attending some classes and seminars.

There is two tricks to this industry. Knowing the technical jargon (on page optimization) and having contacts in the link building industry (off page). The latter is much harder to build.

Quote Originally Posted by tesswrite
    Why is SEO important and can I do this process myself? All the material I am reading SEO and SEM is so technical. I have no idea what I am reading. Please help.

Discover the sneaky (yet legal) strategies will enable you to squeeze every single cent from your website visitors. Each of these Affiliate Landmines could be worth thousands to you!!!
    http://********-affiliate-landmines.com/
    Any website that could benefit from an increase in traffic will benefit from SEO. Anyone can learn SEO and eventually can become good at it. Just like anything else in life, it takes much time, practice, and there there is a somewhat steep learning curve you must overcome. The quality of SEO is vast, as anyone can claim they are an expert at it. If you are trying to learn SEO, it is highly recommended to take it slow and learn step by step. Do a lot of research and studying in the forums, books, as well seminars, as mentioned above.

Thread Information