Here is what I need, have, want, and hope for.

Simple but elegant front page. I am currently selling computer products here. Merkamericaco.com, and here merkamericaelectronics.com. neither site is active nor any good.

Needs:
Marketing plan for search engines. Used to use Google Adwords, found it worthless as I was not marketing correctly.
Easy shopping cart including Google checkout and paypal.
Up to 75-100 items, usually laptop computers.
Ability to add and remove products easily.
Safe and secure so when customers come to the page, they know they are getting something safely, quickly, and reliably.

Wants:
Well, what can be offered other then that.
Online Chat for questions.

Reason:
I currently sell on eBay, but would like to get customers from search engines. Ebay fees are expensive and I would like to expand my reach. I sell one item a day, but have the ability to sell up to 5.

What I have done so far.
Ive been everywhere and have tried to get different coders to create a site for me. I used oscommerce for a year. I believe a package deal would be more beneficial, with a marketing plan. I have looked at Volution and overall their plan is expensive with marketing and design included. I have someone(my brother who is a graphic designer) who can do logo design if I need that person to help out. As you can see the site currently, there is only one product, laptop computers, that vary in product. So once the site is up and running, the marketing is going to be the most important part. I believe per computer sold, I can afford to spend between 10-50 dollars on marketing per item sold. There is money to be made for both me and the company I choose, but I am so frustrated with attempt gone south.

What I do not know but willing to learn:
SEO and Marketing techniques. I am unsure exactly how to implement keywords, metatags, and the like. I am also very green when it comes to overall marketing techniques using the online search engines.

Any help is appreciated! If I forgot anything please let me know. Any personal info please reply to my email SteveATmerkamericaco dot com.