Thread: Any NetSuite Users Here?

Any NetSuite Users Here?

I'm looking for the opinions of people who have used NetSuite recently, say from present time to a few years back. I'm interested in what people think of its value for its target customer (sorry, but not interested in 1 person startups et al who think it's too expensive!)

- any long-time users who have had problems with significant increases in license fees after being on "introductory" pricing?

- what do you think will happen with prices, service, etc. once the company goes public?

- Is SaaS a fad or the future?

I started with NetSuite Oct 2006 for one year and decided not to resign with NetSuite when it came time to renew my contract. NetSuite is a great idea that is not implemented very well.

My main use of NetSuite was to have an eCommerce Web site with a very strong supporting back-end. After launching my first beta site through NetSuite thats when I started having second thoughts about NetSuite. The web site was very slow and it would encounter downtime a few times a week (though NetSuite will say my account never had any downtime).

Another big issue with NetSuite is that if your company requires some sort of customization or enhancement, it does not matter how much money or man power you have... it will be a long time until NetSuite will implement a change to their software (if ever). For example... I needed an extra column field in the vendor-part relationship table. I was told before signing up for NetSuite it would be easy to add custom fields to any table (which it is but you can only add custom fields to designated tables).

When it came to resign with NetSuite I was considering it because I had spent so much time redesigning the site with their software. NetSuite was willing to cut my rates more than half of my first year introductory rates due to all the problems I was having. In the end I decided to not to resign with NetSuite and use the money to design my own back-end software to work with an off the shelf shopping cart.

If you are considering NetSuite, ask to have access to their forums. In their forums are endless stories of how people are stuck with problems and limitations with NetSuite. (I doubt NetSuite will grant you access).

Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to comment on about NetSuite.

I asked for access to the forum, which of course is not allowed. I'm sure for the very reason you stated.

That's interesting about the web site going down.

NetSuite has good dashboard functions and a lot of good premade reports. The overall design is a bit of rats nest though - I've had staff look at it and it is confusing to them.

I'm looking at Interprise, just a bit leery of such a new product. Just thinking dot com KABOOM and the company disappears.

Thread Information