Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Toll Free Number

Toll Free Number

Hello guys.
    I just setup my voip system and all cool- no problems here.
    What's I'm thinking about, is getting toll free 1-800 number. I think it's important to have one and it will bring me extra customers in the house, plus it's more fancy to have one.

Right now I'm looking for good provider and like to ask advice - what's the cheapest provider around? Anyone found anything decent?

Check out Vonage... their prices are good plus they have great customer service. Do not underestimate customer service when it comes to your phone communications.

A toll free number is great if you can handle the incoming calls. It is amazing how many people want to call to place an order or ask a simple question instead of emailing. While you can answer questions quickly in email, on the phone these questions can take up a lot of your time. I am not saying not to have a toll free number... because it will definitely help increase sales... I am just saying be prepared for your call volume to steadily increase.

By the way... for my store the number of people who wanted to place their order over the phone was so high that we created a five dollar phone order service charge that customers happily accept.

I second TipPro on Vonage. I have 4 dedicated lines including an 800 number, all for about $70.00 a month. The downside is you need to run 2 routers as each router only handles 2 lines.

It really depends on what you are needing. And where your customers are. For example, here in Denver, almost everyone can call a 303 and 720 number without any extra toll charges.

NMow if you are wanting a toll-free number - the first thing to do is to make sure that the toll-free number is portable. Basically, if you want to go to another company in a few months, you can take that number with you.

Usually the toll free number terminates to your POTS line. There are some companies as well that offer a virtual office, like Angel, Freedom Voice, Kall8, RingCentral to name a few. We chose Freedom Voice because of their history. They are a bit more expensive than the others but well worth it

A toll-free virtual office will help you in answering calls, transferring callers, maybe play a certain hold music, record your conversations, etc. Microsoft Exchange 2007 offers a few extra as well with their voice recognition that might be something to check out also.

To some, having a toll-free number validates their business. This probably does not hold true as it did 15-25 years ago though. But you have a lot of options available to you, you just need to decide what you might like / need

Checkout Telasip. I heard a lot of good things about them.

Have you asked your VoIP provider about toll-free numbers? I also have a VoIP phone system and I just got two 800 numbers to match my local numbers. When a call is placed on the 800 number, it is routed to the local number that matches by the VoIP attendant.

As far as I know companies like kall8,freedom voice,ringcentral and phone people are providers of toll free numbers.

Skype also provide online number, maybe you can have a try.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzak View Post
    Hello guys.
    I just setup my voip system and all cool- no problems here.
    What's I'm thinking about, is getting toll free 1-800 number. I think it's important to have one and it will bring me extra customers in the house, plus it's more fancy to have one.

Right now I'm looking for good provider and like to ask advice - what's the cheapest provider around? Anyone found anything decent?
    1-800 numbers are not only fancy in fact I can suggest you to utilize it like:
    1. Use it as a main business number
    2. Use it as an indirect marketing tool
    3. Use it on a click to call me feature that transforms a web traffic into phone calls

I just switched from Vonage to Jive Communications. Jive is business oriented whereas Vonage is more residential.

Skype is OK

yahoo are also ok.

hi
    thanks for sharing your views i am also searching for toll free number .. this will be of great help

The idea of giving Toll free number is good as it ensures the communication between the owner and his customer without waste of time. They can solve their issues on time which they might have wasted through e-mail communication.

Quote Originally Posted by mariaapee243 View Post
    hi
    thanks for sharing your views i am also searching for toll free number .. this will be of great help
    thank you dear.

Thread Information