Thread: Newbie to E-commerce

Newbie to E-commerce

Heres what i got so far.

I created a static site and open an Paypal Account: paypal standard payment.

1. I have integrated an 3rd Party shopping Cart with the site and it requires log in and create an account, but my client wants another option where you don't have to log in or create an account to check out, How do you do that?
    Aslo, he doesnt want to pay for the Unique IP address and SSL Fee.

2. If I use paypal Add to cart Buttons, I have to Encrypt those buttons and I've no clue how and paypal support in that area is not good either.

So what should i do ? whats the best solution?

Thank you all

You will need to tell your customer to sign up for the proper Paypal account. And you need to tell him to invest a little money into his business. Most hosting companies will offer a free (shared) SSL so he can use that but usually it is better to have your own.

It sounds like your client is not ready to have his business created yet? Hopefully he will be ready soon and want to spend a little money on his business.

otherwise - change your client )))

Please browse our web site vansgifts.com to see how to manage things, if you do not want your client to singup.

It is not necessary to have a unique IP for e-commerce web sites. Simply purchase a standard hosting account with database support. SSL certificate does not cost much. Recently one of my client purchased $20 SSL certificate for his web site.

Please browse our web site goodvibrationscrystals.com integrated with paypal.
    Simply use paypal standard account and to send customers to paypal simply use following script:

ASP CODE:
    Response.Redirect("https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?business=[PAYPAL BUSINESS ID]&item_name=Order # 10&amount=$120.00&currency_code=USD&cmd=_xclick")

Correction in paypal code, Remove $ sign
    ASP CODE:
    Response.Redirect("https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?business=[PAYPAL BUSINESS ID]&item_name=Order # 10&amount=120.00&currency_code=USD&cmd=_xclick")

Thread Information