Page 15 of 19 ... 51314151617 ... Last>>

Thread: iCode Everest or Netsuite? - Looking for an "all-in-one" small business solution

You never cease to amaze me

Gary every time you open your mouth it is to pitch your product. You cannot come clean when you **** things up, and instead you continue to get on a soap-box and fan the flames.

the product isn't market ready. One of the main things I've come across (despite having asked John Grande and one of your VARS prior to our purchase) is that your cart/backend do not properly account for Canadian provincial and country taxes. I bought this software in Feb 2008, brought up the issues to IS support and one of the VAR partners no less then 5 times and they could not help. I finally lost my patience with the nonsense around the end of September 08. Then end October ASP.net and IS finally "got together to help me out". Now 4 months later I'm still sitting here with my thumb up my ***. At least in January Dan from ASPdotnet stood up and did the right thing, saying "yeah it didn't work right, there are lots of problems and that is why we're not working together" and he refunded me in full.

You guys, instead, keep pitching me ******** about how this is going to be fixed....and you have the audacity to get on these boards and further promote your product.

Never on any public forum have I been this vocal against a company, and I'm just getting started. You guys are shameless. Lying to customers like me (especially me) is now going to take a big bite out of your ***. Never underestimate what one guy can do against an army.

you want to see how bad Interprise is with regards to answering customers on their own forum....check out this link

http://www.connectedbusiness.com/FOR...5/Default.aspx

it's amazing that these guys have all the time in the world to come onto this and other forums to pitch the product, BUT they don't get onto their own forum to answer the many questions customers are asking (IE when is the 2009 version of the software being released? can you guys clarify/update everyone on the ASPdotnet cart situation?)

Mail Order Manager

Wow, there's been a lot of interesting developments in this thread since we last came here 2 years ago. We process 100 orders a day, ship directly to customers and also to distributors, and ship via UPS, Fed-Ex, and USPS.

Two years ago we decided to switch to Mail Order Manager after years of using Stone Edge. Well, after two years of constant problems with the software, we're ready to try some better software. (Right now we're spending an hour a week on the MOM tech support line dealing with bug after bug. We can't waste time like this.)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Our main "unique" requirement is the ability to handle our "of the month" style club memberships. Everything else is standard: web orders through some platform (we use Miva Merchant right now, but are open to changing), ability to track customers orders, etc.

We'd like to be able to process postage, Fed-Ex, and UPS shipping automatically, too. Right now with MOM you have to print out the order and then print out postage through Endicia, which is a unneeded and time wasting step.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Joe Medium

we use Order Manager and cant live without it . we love their built UPS system . if i were you i would have another look at Order Manger they have come a long way in the past 2 years . What ever you do dont waste your hard earned money on IS i would almost gaurantee that your business would suffer, trust me we learned the hard way . Some of these companies are quick to take your money and promise you the world but in the end your business suffers be cause these companies cant deliver what they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowire View Post
    we use Order Manager and cant live without it . we love their built UPS system . if i were you i would have another look at Order Manger they have come a long way in the past 2 years . What ever you do dont waste your hard earned money on IS i would almost gaurantee that your business would suffer, trust me we learned the hard way . Some of these companies are quick to take your money and promise you the world but in the end your business suffers be cause these companies cant deliver what they promised.
    Yeah, we've read ALL about IS and won't be going there.

It's really sad what's happened with us and Mail Order Manager. Every week, I'm wasting at least an hour on the phone with support and it's always the same thing: some file or another magically got corrupted and needs replaced. I almost wouldn't care if it didn't take a 30 to 40 minute wait to get through to someone. Plus, in the afternoon, they seem to have a whole different staff that takes FOREVER to figure out what's wrong.

Worst of all, we've paid for several custom changes to the software for Mail Order Manager, but every time they send out the SMALLEST update, all of those changes are gone and we call them and they want us to pay AGAIN to make the changes again. That's total BS.

Back when we were first looking, someone had made a site called DydaCONJob or something like that. I wish we had listened to him.

We really liked Stone Edge Order Manager, but we switched because we just didn't like how it ran off our Microsoft Access. So you're completely dependent on Microsoft NOT messing around with Access and causing problems, you know? That said, Stone Edge (I think) did everything we needed. Except maybe our "of the month" club? If they could handle the clubs, we might just switch back!

Joe Medium

It's ironic

After 3 years of this thread (and being part of thread since very early on) it's ironic to see how so many of us have experienced major problems with so many vendors, ultimately wasting money, time and who knows how much opportunity cost.

It's a testament to why going with seasoned and tested software, even when expensive, is actually worth the money.

While I'm still not happy with the limitations to the shopping cart, and I had to go through a major song and dance with them to honor the pricing, Netsuite has been a godsend because it works!!

Quote Originally Posted by mutahman View Post
    After 3 years of this thread (and being part of thread since very early on) it's ironic to see how so many of us have experienced major problems with so many vendors, ultimately wasting money, time and who knows how much opportunity cost.
    Yep, but I'm glad this thread has been going so long to keep "collecting data" to help out other business owners!

Quote Originally Posted by mutahman View Post
    While I'm still not happy with the limitations to the shopping cart, and I had to go through a major song and dance with them to honor the pricing, Netsuite has been a godsend because it works!!
    They're on my list to investigate for this time around. Would you mind discussing those limitations to the cart you mentioned? How does everything else work for you? How much did it cost to get up and running with them, if you don't mind me asking?

(And if you've already posted about this, I must have missed it, so feel free to point me back to your post so you don't have to waste your time writing it again!)

Thanks!

Joe Medium

you don't have the code for the cart (as you would with an open source cart) and because they host it, you can make only very limited customization to the cart. Also some basic requirements for e-commerce sites (like product reviews) are currently not available "out of the box" and instead you have to work with one of their partners to get a review app built on.

My situation with Netsuite (when it comes to pricing) is very different then what most encounter because we were their first customer in Asia, so we got a sweet deal. They are pricey, which is the concern I have with regards to my next renewal in 2011.

As for working, I've never had an issue with the site being down. I love their backend because the CRM, accounting, inventory are all there....and their dashboards are great for tracking the business.

If it was more affordable (from the list prices) it would be a no brainer.

It was because of my concerns with the price (down the road) that I started to look at other solutions. I have refused to buy a cart and build a back-end behind it (IE go with Magento and build an ERP that is built onto that cart) but I'm afraid of (a) the cost (b) dealing with all the bull*$% that comes with building and maintaining a custom application

Hope this helps.

Say no to everest

SAY NO TO EVEREST!

By far the worst company! If you're budget meets their quote. Believe me when I say you will save money if you up your budget to get a better software company.

They may say they have CRM, but they don't. They don't have VARs anymore which makes it a ROYAL PITA to deal with Everest directly. My account rep told me she'd contact me in a week and it took 1.5 months for me to have to call her. The overpriced support plan you pay for only gets you software updates which RARELY happen even though there is a flood of suggestions from their customers - they don't care. Suggestions have been around now for 18 months and there isn't even a response from an Everest representative. Oh, but you can an even more BLOATED fee to get free incidents to fix bugs with their software (oh yeah, and there's a bunch). Their new e-commerce feature doesn't even work, so you have to stick with the old version. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Switchables View Post
    The overpriced support plan you pay for only gets you software updates which RARELY happen even though there is a flood of suggestions from their customers - they don't care. Suggestions have been around now for 18 months and there isn't even a response from an Everest representative. Oh, but you can an even more BLOATED fee to get free incidents to fix bugs with their software (oh yeah, and there's a bunch). Their new e-commerce feature doesn't even work, so you have to stick with the old version. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!
    Hey, that sounds a lot like Mail Order Manager, only they send out WEEKLY updates that BREAK things that worked just fine, so you have to spend 1.5 hours on hold waiting for a tech support person who doesn't know what they're doing. HAPPENS EVERY WEEK.

Plus, every time they do an update, it overwrites the custom programming they made us pay for because the system didn't do something we were promised by the sales rep that it could do!! So we call back EVERY week and the person on the phone says, "Oh, that's custom programming you want. It'll cost $800 an hour!" And we're like, "Hell no, we're not paying for it again and again, every time you do a so called update!" And it takes hours to get it all figured out and fixed.

It's a real PITA and we think they do it to make their support plan seem necessary. If they'd stop BREAKING stuff that worked just fine, we wouldn't need to pay $1300 a year for "support."

Joe

This thread is informative. Thanks to you guys! These information can be used in home based business. Keep the useful information flowing. Thanks again!

Interprise Suite Final Results

Hello All

Well it has been a few months since IS offered to implement my software package after they took my money and left me hanging for over a year.

Today I was forced to pull the plug, this company is a joke. All these guys do is talk talk and more talk . After waiting for more than 3 months not a single thing has been done.

NEVER PAY THIS COMPANY UNTIL YOUR SOFTWARE IS RUNNING FULLY

Once they have your money your are screwed. I am out about 10K including hosting.

If they tell you that the import process is painless don’t believe it. You will have to import every image separately; you can’t import any SEO info.

If IS was a respectable company they would refund me all the money that they have taken from me.

Lucky for me I have using my Stone Edge OM the whole time and never hiccupped once.
    The 1500.00 is paid for OM is my best investment yet.********* support is provided in America and most importantly by Americans that can be easily understood

Joe D

Question

Versata buys Everest Software (the ENTIRE company) announced fri aug 7th.
    Do the customers know yet?
    Good thing? Bad thing?

Lightbulb Future of Everest Software or ERP software

That's right as of last week, Everest was bought out in short sale by Versata Software's sister company Trilogy systems. The work force was reduced to 25% and rest were kicked out including CEO, CTO and VP sales ...

They don't have VAR's since 2008 and they went 100% direct and they closed down their development office in India and outsourced it to independent contractors so all this signs indicated they would sell ...

Is it good sign? Well Versata wld change the support plan for sure for its existing customer base, no new sales and product development which wld be bad for existing customers.

As solution providers we are continuing to support our Everest customers and help them migrate to 5.0 ver so they shld be able to use the software for another year or two and will monitor the situation going fwd...

We have been working with Interprise Suite as resellers for last 2 to 3 yrs and there was huge learning curve when its an ERP software and no s/w is without bugs/issues, but we are working to show a true ROI for our clients.

We don't want to be involved with NetSuite since there is not much value for small and medium business, its expensive, its SaaS model, its pretty good for start up companies who wants to reduce the infrastructure cost.

Thumbs down What works

everest is basically in quarantine due to the acquisition
    InterpriseSuite does not work and either does the company
    NetSuites is hosted so thats out
    dynamics is expensive
    sage?

what has worked out for people.

Thread Information