Page 5 of 19 ... 3456715 ... Last>>

Thread: iCode Everest or Netsuite? - Looking for an "all-in-one" small business solution

I have Found Icode Support second to none

I have found Icode's support to be timely and results oriented. I'm shocked that you have made the comments that you have. My expirence with them since June of 2001 has been a company that cares about the customer and hangs in their to make sure that everything works. I had VAR support with another software package SBT which was awful. The VAR did not have the knowledge and the ability to handle my source code application issues. Icode wrote their own package and has been able to deliver complete support including if necesseary providing patch's to fix problems. I guess that your customers did not want pay for service.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdov
    Icode users who have implemented, trained, and get support through VARs have a better experience than those who have dealt directly with Icode. A quality VAR has a direct interest in the customer's ongoing satisfaction and will be there to support the users for the long haul. Icode has VARS all across North America (including Pavey Associates, where I am the NY Partner).

you must not be expirenced in asking for help

Why did you not contact the management of Icode. I quess complaining to the world and hiding here is the only way you survive as a person. I have found Icode to completely support their products even in a situation like yours they Icode would have helped you. You must not have paid for support with a contract. You must have wanted something for nothing. You get in life what you pay for. You must not have needed the product if you did not persue the situation in 2002! I have been an Icode customer since June of 2001 and I have found Icode to care and support me, but wait a minute I was not looking for something for nothing. Were you?

Quote Originally Posted by bladinaction
    Here's our Icode sob story.
    We were a fast growing clicks and mortar business (1.5M/year in 2001). We were looking for a solution just like Everest promised to be. You save money on payroll, one software for multiple locations, point-of-sale etc.
    So we purchased a 10 user Everest license in Feb '02. Same as everyone else, they told us it would be up and running in a week if we hired their "implemetation engineers" to come on site for a week. So we paid $38000 for the whole deal and had them come out.
    October '02 we scheduled them to come out. They had two guys come out (one was in training), and after a weeks time, nothing was working. All they could say was that the brand new Dell servers we bought would be reformatted(because these guys had messed them up so bad, they were the only ones that touched the machines). They couldn't even import the data from netsuite (which we were using for accounting at the time). So, they sent the qualified onsite guy back two weeks later. The software was "not ready for primetime". So we started using it without our previous data. We were on the phone with their support crew virtually every day because this or that didn't work right. Two weeks later they sent another support guy out (at our expense!) because they said we needed him to rebuild our database. Only one catch, all the information we had put in over the two weeks we were working on the system would have to be thrown out! So we bit the bullet, and got it done.
    After that we spent at least 10 hours/week on the phone with their support folks (who speak hardly intelligible English by the way) and over the course of the first year submitted over 100 support "incidents". An incident was a situation where something didn't work right.
    Here we are paying them to tell them whats wrong with their software! Thats not how it works...We should have been paid for being their lab rats.
    We have talked to many Icode users and all of them have the same feelings and thoughts on this subject. No one is happy.
    We are not lawyers, but if one of you out there reads this, you could probably make a lot of money off this situation. I don't know how they can get away with this FRAUD, but it has to stop before there are more victims.

If anyone would like to buy our 10 user license, you can get it at a bargain price of $20,000.

P.S. I don't know much about Interprise, but hasn't anyone noticed that their website looks and feels a lot like Icode? Who are these people?

did you not look at things completely on the front end

Your expirence with Icode is completely different than mine. It sound like you purchased the wrong product and now want to complain after making the decision. I have been an icode customer since June of 2001 and never one time have they Icode ever told me something that was not true. I'm shocked that you are taking this public forum to vent. Why not call Icode and discuss your concerns with them as a company directly. I guess hiding behind a blog is the best way to solve your business problems. Good luck and much sucess in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by cameraworld
    I'm a small business here in Australia ( www.cameraworld.com.au ) we purchased Everest Advanced a little over a year ago, we received our 'support charge' three months ago and it has increased more than 400% over the original pricing, they apparently have changed direction.

We paid it and the service is still the same rubbish as before, every release has consistant fatal bugs and we are about to sign up with NetSuite with still 9 months of support available from iCode (Shows how much their product is making our business suffer!), their support and product are rubbish! The supposed developers in Australia & Singapore complaign that they have huge trouble customizing the product due to the dreadful and more than $200US and hour support from iCode out of India, also everytime they load an update my site has to be virtually rebuilt from scratch.

Once my NetSuite site is finished, I'd be happy to give you the software for free! But personally the product is a bottomless pit for money with no return.
    The CRM is a joke, the site cannot even be picked up by web crawlers so no organic rankings and the site goes down on average once a week. We pay for both iCode direct support & local supplier support, the Australian sales agent is so sick of iCode Indias pathetic support that he is dropping the product all together.

I may sound bitter, and I am, but the product honestly is average at best and even worse their support is tragic especially when you calculate the cost.

Do yourself a favour and look at NetSuite or some other product from a major supplier with 'local' support the less you have to deal with hardware, software and maintenance the more time you can have on driving your business making profits for you.

jason why did you not contact Icode directly

Jason i'm wondering if you are one of the folks that did not want to move forward to everest from Accware. You sound like an underfunded company that might have purchased the wrong product in the first place. I'm sure that you should qo to quick books for 1500.00 and call it a day. If you needed this type of product in the first place then your business should have been able to handle the conversion to the new product. I guess hiding behind this blog is the way you survive in business and life. Keep up the good work. Looking at things positively Icode is a product that competes against Microsofts Great Plains which is double to 2.5 the cost of Everest Advanced. The Everst product does work and solves problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    I have experienced all of the above.
    All of us are in the same situation, we got fulled one way or another, they sold us a product that looked good, but had no real good backend, crashing all the time, crawlers can not pick up any pages, on and on ,
    we should all get together & go after Icode guys legally,
    they made our life misreble, lets make theirs worst, we paid them good money , & they took it & ran, now no real support , no good product.
    one advice to all of you do not buy Everest.
    We should all go to the district attorney & file a complain, may be at east we can get our money back.

Randy,

Could you be any more judgemental? People here are simply sharing their experiences. You've made it clear that you've had nothing but good results with ICode. Yippee for you...now why not try relating your experience without assassinating anyone's character?

Consider the source

I would bet money that the three nasty messages above come from iCode or one of its VARs. That kind vitriol doesn't make sense for someone without a personal stake in the outcome...

All of us are misrepresenting the issues except Randy who has nothing but glowing words give me a break!

Randy seems like an internal employee trying to imploy a method of damage control, how is it that with so many bad dealings with Icode you have a stellar one, and a relationship that would prompt you to post here over and over again.

Let's be clear, if you were a customer or had any business accumen you would not have claimed to compare Everest with 24 other products, that is rediculas.

Also, the price is similar to packages like Great Plains and MSFT CRM, they have better integration, but lack flexibility, stability and have really poor service.

Lastly, let's stop saying Everest is the premier anything, they have a "Codie" award that is irrelevant, they are in no way even close to the top as far as market share or innovation.

Just as a quick note, I have 3 people ready to join in on legal action, send me a personal message if you want more information

Smile :)thousands of customers currently using Everest Advanced?????:)

You have got to be kidding me, publish even 100 happy customers, Icode does not get <7M in revenue with 1000's of customers..you guys are very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by iCode employee
    There are two sides to every story.

The iCode customer satisfaction rating has continued to improve over the last 2 years as illustrated by the customer survey conducted on an annual basis every April.

The iCode product works and works well. This can be attested to by the thousands of customers currently using Everest Advanced and the significant number of customers willing to be referenced as to how Everest has had a positive impact on the way they manage their business.

iCode is willing to assist any customer who has a current maintenance contract. As with any software company, customer support is not free. iCode offers customers the option of either having an annual maintenance contract with unlimited calls to customer support or the flexability to pay by the call.

If you have a legitimate issue, please email me and I will look into the situation.

Thanks for the opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    Your expirence with Icode is completely different than mine. It sound like you purchased the wrong product and now want to complain after making the decision. I have been an icode customer since June of 2001 and never one time have they Icode ever told me something that was not true. I'm shocked that you are taking this public forum to vent. Why not call Icode and discuss your concerns with them as a company directly. I guess hiding behind a blog is the best way to solve your business problems. Good luck and much sucess in your future.
    Thanks for your opinion Randy, but I do not appreciate being told I 'hide' behind a blog, I have taken my complaint to iCode who apologised allot then took four days to get back to me and recommended I seek support from their 'experts' in Malaysia who would resolve the issues, these people they recommended are the same idiots from Singapore who brought my site down in the first place, once I pointed this out it took them another two days to have a US representative contact me who wanted to to book a time with me in about two weeks. This is not what I call customer service.

I am very happy that your experience has been so 'great' but I'd like to point out that mine wasn't and if I was in the US I probably wouldn't have had the same issues, but if you live in Australia then you will definitely have issues, even the Australian distributor has dropped the product due to the huge number of issues with trying to deal with India! Hardly a case of odd man out am I...

Finally I'd like to point out that everyone is entitled to their opinion even you... who is obviously the resident expert on everything to do with Everest.

First of all thanks to everyone for this discussion, I was lost amidst a sea of software before I came here. I have a few questions:

Does Netsuite have simple POS capability? I would like to be able to barcode all of our items, and have a scanner add and remove them from the shared web/accounting inventory system.

And the big question of course, what package should I go with, Netsuite or Interprise? I'll give you the lowdown on the company I work for:

We have 5 employees at the moment, and could expand that to as many as 10 within a year. Likely going to hover around 7-8 for now. We sell retail items, and have an online store featuring around 3000 products. We also have a small retail store. What we are looking for is a system that will integrate our accounting, inventory, and online purchasing in one package. One invoice, and accurate inventory across the board. Presently we are using Quickbooks and Miva Merchant, and we want to dump them for something better.

Any opinions or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jesse

Oh, P.S. to the Interprise devs, any updates on a full release?

Netsuite will cost you many thousands more, especially over time. However, Interprise isn't released yet so you'll have to be patient. We have a similar number of employees and have decided that Netsuite will cost $8k to $10k per year to get the features we want. Remember, it's a yearly license. You don't "own" any software.

Insults aside, Icode is a disaster.
    I bought Icode so I know what I'm talking about (and I did try telling them the problem). The people that trash it here have REASONS! Wait for Interprise Suite or live with the capabilities of a "boxed" solution. Quickbooks and Peachtree get better every year. You can add-on CRM with ACT and there are service/helpdesk packages too. That approach isn't "fully integrated" but it can be done for just a couple thousand dollars vs. $50K PLUS for Icode or $10K per year (every year) for Netsuite. MAS90 and Great Plains are even more expensive. Beware of the new Microsoft Office solution. They intend for you to switch-up to Great Plains when you get just a bit bigger. Peachtree thinks you should move-up to their own MAS90 but you can put it off a bit longer by getting CRM and other features with the "add-ons" from third party people (MAS90 doesn't have CRM either nor does Great Plains without "add-ons"). The truth is, the sales guys of all the "mid-market" software companies have charts that tell them how much you should spend on accounting software for your annual revenue level. I'm over $2M now and find that Microsoft, Sage and Icode all want over $50k from me for licenses and services. Netsuite is less up-front but will cost more over 4 to 5 years. I grew my last company to $20M before selling it. My people developed an in-house system using Foxpro. My current venture is my third. I've spent hundreds of hours reviewing software and the beta of Interprise Suite. My advice is don't give any money to Netsuite, Icode, MAS90 (or MAS200) or Great Plains until you're well over $10M in revenue (and I think you can avoid them then as well).

If you plan to stay a 1 or 2-man operation, with a healthy stream of revenue, Netsuite is a pretty good deal if you can live without some of the "enterprise" features. You won't need a hardware helper or a server and e-commerce is built-in. But it may cost you alot over the long run if you need alot of people on the system.

Quickbooks has more third-party add-ons than Peachtree but has always been weaker in inventory and distribution until the promised 2006 version. We're still using Peachtree. The 2006 version is much faster over the network than previous versions and the look-up tools are better. We use ACT for CRM - pretty basic but good enough. There is an ACT add-on called dbLink that gives you a way to include even more customer database stuff through ACT while keeping the accounting stuff linked from Peachtree. Very simple to run and very affordable!

If you want a budget-level integrated package (and can't wait for Interprise) look at ManageMore and ImageAccounting from Comtech Solutions. Both are priced in the low thousands and have all the features you mention.

"Lets be clear"

Hey iCodevictim a couple of points to think about;

1) I suspect your issue with iCode is not legitimate because if you were interested in resolving your problem you probably would have taken me up on my offer to look into the situation, and you didn't.

2) Randy is not an internal employee and has no vested interest in iCode other than being a loyal, satisfied customer.

3) iCode has been in business for 11 years and that would not have been possible if our customers felt has as little regard for iCode as you do.

4) get your facts straight...we are NOT <$7M in revenue and we Do have thousands of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by icodevictim
    All of us are misrepresenting the issues except Randy who has nothing but glowing words give me a break!

Randy seems like an internal employee trying to imploy a method of damage control, how is it that with so many bad dealings with Icode you have a stellar one, and a relationship that would prompt you to post here over and over again.

Let's be clear, if you were a customer or had any business accumen you would not have claimed to compare Everest with 24 other products, that is rediculas.

Also, the price is similar to packages like Great Plains and MSFT CRM, they have better integration, but lack flexibility, stability and have really poor service.

Lastly, let's stop saying Everest is the premier anything, they have a "Codie" award that is irrelevant, they are in no way even close to the top as far as market share or innovation.

I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit
    Randy,

Could you be any more judgemental? People here are simply sharing their experiences. You've made it clear that you've had nothing but good results with ICode. Yippee for you...now why not try relating your experience without assassinating anyone's character?
    Gromit, I disagree. While most participants do just share their experiences, there are plenty of judgmental comments and character assassinating going on that is not completely fact based...freedom of speech works both ways.

Thread Information