Page 2 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: Thread Subscriptions

Ok. Well it didn't arrive with that email either (same email provider as yours) so I'm trying a different one.

Well somewhat glad to see that it's not just me. Does the company have all the forums, or rather use the same mail server for all the other forums?

They're not being delivered no matter what, Corey. I will replace your email and enable email notices on my account, see if any get to me.

Ok, i'm subscribed to this thread, with instant email notice. We'll see what happens now when you post. Come to think of it though, I think I have to be logged out for it to show up, and I rarely ever am. I don't think the forum sends them if you're online when new posts are made.

I used to get them. A long time ago and then realized that I just was not getting them. I never logged out - only closed the browser (too many passwords too remember ). I'll just have to keep remembering to come back here. Maybe during an update it will get fixed like the others that are managed by the same company hopefully.

This 1 was just updated. I'll have to get the logs from the email server to see if they're going out.

Thanks. Maybe it happened then? I usually tend to Makr all Forums read before I leave the forums just to help with that (I noticed some forums you need to do that and some you don't for some reason.) I moderate a VB bulletin but never dove into all the admin functions that much to see if that was a setting or anything.

Well the difference now is read/unread status is no longer held in a cookie. It's an actual value in the DB so nothing will ever be marked read unless you read it or mark it read. Opening a thread will mark it read, but if you never open it, or don't mark it read, it stays unread till the 2nd coming.

I just tried it - I logged out of the board and I still did not get any emails unfortunately. I came back to the board, signed in and saw there were was a new post to one of the threads that I was subscribed to.

Hopefully that will help a little more in trying to figure it out.

Thanks!

I haven't gotten a reply from the server admins yet. I'll ask again.

Thanks. Sorry to bother you about this one but I do like this forum

I made another change. Let's see if it does anything

Awesome - it worked! Thank you so much! No matter what The Old sarge says, you're the best I always had faith a lttle persistence would pay off LOL

Yeah, i just got an email for your post too. YEA!!!!!!!! I done dood it all by my lonesome! *dances around like an imbecile*

Thumbs up

I'm just happy LOL, I just got through telling Sarge in another thread that we like to complain until we get our way. (At least this time it worked.)

Thread Information