Welcome to the SmallBusinessComputing forums! In addition to my role as executive editor of the Small Business Channel, I am small-business owner myself (my wife and I own a commercial printing company), so I know the challenges facing today's small and medium businesses -- like how to keep current with today's technology without spending an arm and a leg.

That's why we're here. On our parent site, www.smallbusinesscomputing.com, we address these issues on a daily business: what technology to watch, where to invest your hard-earned dollars, and how you can solve your own computer problems.

The purpose of these forums is to extend the discussions and help the small-business community to gather, compare notes, and share advice. These forums are for you -- please join in to discuss the issues of the day, ask questions, or share some nuggets of insight.

And remember: both these forums and www.smallbusinesscomputing.com exist for you. Please let us know what you think about the forums and the Web site, and don't be afraid to make suggestions.

Dan Muse
Executive Editor, www.smallbusinesscomputing.com
dmuse@jupitermedia.com