Page 4 of 5 ... 2345 Last>>

Thread: online backup

Hello
    “Depending on your business, there might be federal or state regulatory requirements that dictate what needs to be preserved, and for how long. In our experience, the most conservative approach is to use online backup and to institute a comprehensive business document retention policy that examines all data types and distinguishes between ‘operationally critical’ data and ‘important but static’ data,” says Dave Minns, client services manager at Storage Guardian. “When selecting an online backup provider, make sure that the provider lets you define a data retention policy that can migrate aged data to less expensive storage, and that does not delete it after 30 days.”

Implementing Backup Life cycle Management Storage Guardian recommends a ‘set it and forget it’ approach based on Backup Lifecycle Management , which intelligently migrates ‘static’ data to lower-cost storage media that can cost as little as 50 cents per compressed gigabyte.

Examples of static data that is a good candidate for this approach: – File types that will have only a single generation / version, and will not change again: photos, audio-visual media, PDFs, images, one-time log files, etc. – Email, calendar, task, to-do records that have aged past a user-defined point in time – Instant Message & Web chat logs – Voice recording files – Folder structures holding prior years’ business record files

Dog Nutrition
    Last edited by eliza17; 12-04-2009 at 02:43 AM.

I'm a Carbonite gal. After setting it up and seeing it running quietly and effectively behind the scenes, I can't believe I only pay $50/year or so. If you've ever had a hard drive failure, you know what peace of mind I'm talking about.
    Amy Grande
    Editor: BizNewsVine

On-line back up

Has anyone heard of Weboffice or webex?

Data leakage protection is essential for today's dramatically-changing work environments. As organizations become less centralized, with more distributed sites and remote employees, the need for data leakage protection is greater than ever.

Cisco Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is a data leakage protection solution that helps organizations assess risk and prevent data loss over the highest points of risk. It safeguards proprietary information against security threats due to enhanced employee mobility, new communication channels, and diverse services. Cisco DLP includes:

In-motion data leakage protection against loss over the web and through email, with policies that include content, context, and destination knowledge
    Services to understand data loss risk and develop data leakage protection strategies that incorporate people, processes, and technology
    Protecting at-rest data by encrypting backup tapes and other storage devices
    Providing data leakage protection from other avenues of risk, such as unauthorized physical or network access, malware, and end-user actions

Options Online Backup

I have looked at quite a few sites.
    My latest find is SOS Online Backup.
    Ideal for small to medium sized businesses.

Crash Plan is another one which is worth considering. It's priced similarly to Mozy and Carbonite.
    What would happen to your data if you had a fire, flood or lightning strike? Find out why online data backup is essential for every business.

RE :online backup

Thanks for sharing backup information. I tried through online for my data which is have 4GB or more. but i failed in backup.

Thanks,
    Morris

Thats the problem with me, i also had too many software i cant mange this much, but it looks really cool, i will give it a try
    For buying and selling homes in London visit at Balham Estate Agents

hello all!
    i haven't checked it out yet..then i will made my choice
    Last edited by mariaapee243; 05-06-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Data Backup, Recovery & Security

I was using one of those all you can eat backup services for one low monthly price, first was Mozy but it wasnt fast at all. Then Carbonite and it took even longer and was running all the time. Finally ponied up the money and went with a small business one Remote Data Vault. It does incrimental backup so once you do set it up its pretty fast. www.remotedatavault.com

K-

My backup strategy:

1. create a 15 GB partition called Backup
    2. run a backup program. In my case Nova
    3. incremental backup every 4 hours to backup partition
    4. every week do an incremental backup to DVD

Many reputable online backup providers have the same deal which is about $60/year for unlimited backup. I personally use CrashPlan because it had good reviews at the time I was looking for a solution, and it also has some cool additional features that appealed to me. Companies like Mozy and Carbonite have similar deals now.

Truth be told, Carbonite and Mozy took me forever for bandwidth constraints. Didn't Carbonite lose like 8,000 of their customers' data last year?

I've tried out VaultLogix and it seems to be working a lot better for our small business.

Looks pretty cool! Is it really $5/month? Sounds too good to be true, but I can't find a catch.

The accuracy is it is not even backup software; it deficiencies basic features that should be inherently part of any back off software.

Thread Information