Thread: Calling all SMEs! Opportunity to voice your Cyber Security Concerns

Calling all SMEs! Opportunity to voice your Cyber Security Concerns

Hi, my name is Aneesha, a PhD researcher in Cyber Security Management. As you would probably be wary of, UK businesses have been falling victims of cybercrimes causing loss of confidential data, monetary losses and irretrievable time. As a result, I am a passionate researcher on a quest to aid 99.3% of UK businesses which have lesser resources, capital and expertise to prepare themselves against cyber attacks.

My PhD research is to investigate the cyber security readiness of UK small and medium-sized businesses. I am currently in the second year of my research, whereby I am conducting interviews and surveys to fulfil my research aims and objectives.

As such, I am posting this, with the hope to connect with many SMEs to improve their company’s current level of cyber readiness. In order for me to achieve this, I am kindly requesting for your help to partake in an interview with myself regarding your current cyber security practices. Please do not be discouraged to partake if you feel your organisation would provide little value to my investigations. I would like to hear from all organisations regardless of their current cyber security hygiene.

For more information, please feel free to privately message me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

I look forward to hearing from you,

Aneesha

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    What do you think about safety of 2-step verification? Is it secure for personal use and for business?
    I can answer this question ) it depends on the type of verification. If it's sms based than be sure that your account can be hacked quite easily provided it is valuable. But if we are talking about Google Authentificator based verification then you can be sure that your account is safe. I have read lots of security reports about flaws in 3g and 4g networks so I know what I'm talking about ) unfortunately but 5G inherited those flaws. Here is my source https://positive-tech.com/research/5g-security-issues/

Thread Information