Thread: See this example of bad SEO

See this example of bad SEO

This is so bad that perhaps it might even be "Negative SEO", a competitor trying to damage an SEO firm's reputation. This is the broken-English spam that was posted on an SEO forum:
    Telling the truth always hurt. However, I would prefer to get hurt or hurt people in telling the truth than to tell white lie. For, lesson will be learn in telling the truth while in white lie no matter what kind of lie would that be. It is still a lie and will tolerate people in whatever wrong action.
    The signature link was: "The most capable SEO Holborn" with the link pointing to seocompany24.co.uk/WC2-Holborn.html

Holborn is a nice business district in London which is a short walk from the Royal Courts of Justice. I am sending a link to this post to SeoCompany24, to ask for their comments.
    Last edited by C0ldf1re; 09-06-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Spam content, black hat seo, hidden text.

Quote Originally Posted by luckybabyworld View Post
    Spam content, black hat seo, hidden text.
    Yes... But my title saying "bad SEO" had a double meaning! It might be bad as in unethical SEO, but it is good SEO too! Their site is high on serps for their chosen keyphrases.

but it is good SEO too!
    Search engine algorithm is keep changing, any good SEO strategy can turn into negative SEO. Recently I read some of SEOMOZ article, search engine no longer need a link as ranking metrics. I would expected some referral traffic from signature link, instead of improve SERP ranking.

I think so link building is no much value for ranking

Bad SEO comes in black hat SEO that is done against violates Google's algorithm terms of service. It includes keyword stuffing, hidden text, spamming and many more.

Black hat SEO, Duplicate Content and Accepting low quality guest posts

Yes, such SEO gives fast growth, but then a sharp drop!

I’ll be honest, most of these bad SEO tactics should be obvious.

I am still surprised at how often I sites use these outdated (and often downright dangerous) SEO strategies.

1. Keyword Stuffing.
    2. Spam Comments.
    3. Poor UX
    4. Unnatural Links
    5. Duplicate Content

Thread Information