dcsimg
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: What is the most profitable business to start in 2019?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3

    What is the most profitable business to start in 2019?

    Hello Everyone,
    As we all know AI and robots are the way to the future, a majority of the Venture Capital firms and tech investors are closely eyeing to identify top startups which can change the world as it is now.
    How can you filter out the ones that can be called ĎBest Startup in 2019í?
    Any suggestion will be appreciated

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    102
    What im am seeing alot of people doing is becoming a middle man in business. Taking the top aposts on google and advertising other businesses for a fee is one example. Offering quotes from ten design firms when you asked for one. You could try be innovative but in this day and age the chances are low as so much has been done. Instead i would focus on a good idea and see if there isnt a way to provide that service or product better. here is a blog that covers some business trends from our industry
    Last edited by ragnar; 11-06-2018 at 11:51 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    34
    What your looking for is disruptive technology.

    Take Elon Musk and the car industry, the industry was pretty much dead until Elon came out with something so unique and different that everyone wanted one.

    You have to have something that is so awesome that it makes people leave what their using and move to something else.

    It could be done in any industry, its just a matter of finding a problem that your having, a problem that there is no good solution to and creating that solution.

    Like at this very moment Iím trying to find a decent shopping cart for a friend.

    I figure WordPress is the most hacked platform in the world, so I donít want to build a shopping cart in that and PHP is the most hacked language in the world, so you donít want to build a shopping cart in that.

    You figure if your own Shopify your just renting code and a lot of the code you would need to customize to improve conversion rates you donít have access to.

    So then I looked at languages and it appears that the fastest growing language and its growth is because of machine learning is Python.

    However despite my best attempts Iím unable to find anything suitable that I could recommend to a friend.

    Which means I will most likely have to build my own.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeth View Post

    I figure WordPress is the most hacked platform in the world, so I don’t want to build a shopping cart in that and PHP is the most hacked language in the world, so you don’t want to build a shopping cart in that.
    You are free to your opinion on this and your are right it is the most hacked platform by far. I think though that you are quick to point to php and WordPress itself as the problem.

    The number on reason wordpress gets hacked is because of plugins. The number one reason users use plugins that are rubbish is because they dont know how to code or even check if a plugin is secure. Wordpress core versions also suffers as the second reason for hacks.

    Now that being said blocking directory browsing, bad queries and database protection though a good firewall is all you really need to make it hard enough for hackers to leave it alone. Php isnt the problem, wordpress isnt the problem , its entry level "web developers and business owners building sites that are the problem."

    Any site is hackable. The knowledge of the person behind it is what makes the difference,. Wordpress gets hacked more because of a higher amount of websites.... odds are you get one as compared to targeting lets say asp sites. Also the inexperienced individuals who open up massive sites with 30 plugins make it the perfect target.

    You dont hear much of it because its on such a smaller scale but even shopify sites get hacked.
    Last edited by ragnar; 12-30-2018 at 01:53 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    34

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    You are free to your opinion on this and your are right it is the most hacked platform by far.
    Yes, you are correct, that is not my opinion but rather a fact!

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    I think though that you are quick to point to php and WordPress itself as the problem.
    Yes, and again this is not my opinion but a fact, php is the most hacked language in the world. As a matter of fact you can see the number of vulnerabilities found month after month in both php and Wordpress by going to https://www.exploit-db.com/.

    This is code that they believed to be good but then later found instead there was a weakness in the code that could be used by an attacker.

    And both php and Wordpress have 3 and 4 of these a month which means you need a full time programmer whose keeping up with these exploits and making sure your site is safe.

    So instead of paying a programmer to improve your code your spending money just trying to keep it safe.

    Veracode scanned 50,000 websites and found 86% of the ones written in PHP had at least one vulnerability.



    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    The number on reason wordpress gets hacked is because of plugins. The number one reason users use plugins that are rubbish is because they dont know how to code or even check if a plugin is secure. Wordpress core versions also suffers as the second reason for hacks.
    This is true but when 70% of the websites on your platform are hackable then youíve got a real problem .

    Also keep in mind that figuring out the guys who really know WordPress and the ones that donít isnít an easy job.

    And in addition to this youíve got the guys that know the platform and can prove it but donít care more about being quick and making money then taking their time and doing it correctly.

    And even their best plugins have been hacked.

    As a matter of fact their best plugins for security have been used to hack sites and their best plugins for SEO have prevented sites from ranking.

    When a site is updating two and three times a month even the best programmers can make mistakes.


    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Now that being said blocking directory browsing, bad queries and database protection though a good firewall is all you really need to make it hard enough for hackers to leave it alone. Php isnt the problem, wordpress isnt the problem , its entry level "web developers and business owners building sites that are the problem."
    When youíve got bad code on a site and folks find it, write a script and go looking for all the blogs running that code, itíll take more then firewall to stop them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Any site is hackable.

    Well you just said all they needed was a firewall, glad to see youíve changed your mind on that Ö (-:


    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    The knowledge of the person behind it is what makes the difference,.

    I agree with this, if you have the right programmer he can keep your site safe.

    But then security is only one of the problems with WordPress, its also bloated.

    And it canít be customized because of the many monthly updates.

    Any custom code that has been written or any custom templates that have been designed will need to be updated two and three times per month as WordPress finds problems with their code and patches it, youíll need to do the same.

    Plus its a dying platform as php is a dying language.

    As a developer why not find a language and platform that is growing, improving, and doesnít require the maintenance that WordPress and php do?



    [QUOTE=ragnar;60939]Wordpress gets hacked more because of a higher amount of websites....

    (-; Security by obscurity

    [QUOTE=ragnar;60939]odds are you get one as compared to targeting lets say asp sites. [/QUOTE

    Well lets take Django its had one exploit and it was in 2016, nothing before and nothing after.

    Check it for yourself here https://www.exploit-db.com/.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Also the inexperienced individuals who open up massive sites with 30 plugins make it the perfect target.
    Yes but with WordPress anything you do requires a plugin.

    SEO, you need a plugin, speed the site up, another plugin, shopping cart, another five plugins ...


    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    You dont hear much of it because its on such a smaller scale but even shopify sites get hacked.
    Well, I'm no fan of Shopify, they just rent you code but I'm guessing the reason you named them is because Shopify is one of the safest, most popular ecommerce platforms in the world.

    It is written in python, the fastest growing language in the world and the number one language in the world for machine learning!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    34
    9 Reason WordPress Sucks


    WordPress’s popularity comes from their one click install and being able to have the site on line and working in minutes.

    However I don’t think a quick install should be part of your business strategy.

    Reason being, if you have bigger plans for the future and need a sustainable, highly customizable solution WordPress sucks.

    1.) Wordpress is a mess in terms of both code and basic common sense of how to develop a CMS but they can’t improve the code because it breaks compatibility with PHP 5.2!

    (Wikipedia)
    :

    WordPress' minimum PHP version requirement is PHP 5.2, which was released on January 6, 2006, 11 years ago, and which has been unsupported by the PHP Group and not received any security patches since January 8, 2011.

    Just think about this: 8 years (!!!!) without security patches.


    By supporting insecure versions they support security holes

    They've gone out of their way to keep php 5.2 support, making the codebase a complete mess in doing so, and not taking advantage of things that would make wordpress on php 7 not only much nicer for developers, but faster for site users.
    In their defense they probably can’t change the architecture because they don't want to break it.

    2.) Something like 70% of WordPress sites are insecure and for this reason they’ve got a ton of bots gunning for them. As a matter of fact WordPress is the Largest malware/hacking target, so just by using WordPress you also become a target.
    3 out of every 4 websites that get hacked are WordPress sites.

    3.) The developer community is large but consists mostly of wannabe developers and consultants who can't tell if they're using MAMP or XAMPP or whether they should install a plugin to change an image.

    4.) For a developer WordPress is a maze that has 25% of its walls constantly changing, three or four times per month.
    WordPress finds bad code, that could be used by hackers so they have to change the code, which means you have to update WordPress, which means your theme or plugins could break and need to be recoded three or four times per month.

    5.) Code bloat is a big problem. Because of all the patches it makes the site slower than necessary. I make it a point to use GTMetrix to test my sites and I always try and keep load time under 2 seconds.
    However I've seen Wordpress sites through GTMetrix that have taken in excess of 30 seconds to load.
    In my opinion that is criminal to have a clients site take that long to load.

    6.) The code sucks. Everything about is is horrible: globals everywhere, inconsistencies, a weird mix between functional and OOP styles, absolutely horrible coding style. It's like we're back in the 90's.
    If it was an unknown project and it's author posted it here for review, they'd be laughed of any coding forum.

    7.) As a PHP programmer, you understand that global variables are to be avoided at all costs and have no reason to be used. Yet, WordPress is full of them, and that alone is reason to dismiss its code as utter shit.
    Anyone who doesn't admit that WP's code sucks has absolutely no idea how decent code is written.
    No experienced developer would look into WordPress and call it good code.

    8.) Plugins - WordPress does not actually ship with a lot of features out of the box. If you need to start building a site, you have two choices:

    1. turn to third party plugins,

    2. write your own plugins.

    Both of these can be budget busters.

    Why?

    Because third party plugins may have crucial limitations or bugs that you might not discover until you've invested time into using them. You still have to do a lot of research and due diligence to select the right plugin.

    I once spent 3 days just trying to find a plugin that would do what the client wanted.

    I could have coded it myself in a day. It's a mistake to believe that 3rd party plugins are a time saver.

    But then if you to dive deep into the guts of WP and all of its substandard features.

    It's crap compared to modern frameworks. It's "hooks" system is a poor man's event system. Its "templates" are a joke. It's "router" sucks, and its database is horrible.

    So basically, unless your application can be mostly built using the small set of features WP ships with out of the box, then you're going to be wading into a potential minefield of 3rd party plugin dead-ends, or a swamp of sluggish feature development using WP's substandard "framework" tools.

    Even moderately complex applications can be built faster, more securely, more stably, and more easily maintainable using a proper framework instead of WP.

    The problem is most plugins are written by the worst developers. You have to code review anything you use.

    And if they are not maintained and updated 3 or four times per month then you you either:

    A) lose your customization
    B) manually crawl through the new version to find out whats changed

    9.) They have a ton of concurrent, incompatible APIs.

    WP is written in such a way that an internal refactor isn't possible because the ecosystem is dependent on internals instead of a well defined API surface.

    What more evidence do you need that WP sucks?

    That's what happens when the target audience is broad enough to include people who aren't actually web developers, and might only know a little HTML.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    102
    Let me make this really simple for you. You have

    100 WordPress sites with mostly amateur developers , that makes a great target for hackers, big school of fish. 10 get hacked. Thats 10 % youl be hearing about it all day.
    you have 10 Python sites, mostly millennial but more advanced developers, 2 get hacked 20% .

    Its easy to say WordPress is the bad guy.
    Also remember php has had its time trending python ( thus shopify ) though its been around for ages has started its trend a few years ago once there are enough targets in python sites on the web we will be hearing alot more about them being hacked too.

    Hackers are for the most part looking for abundance in potential targets, python hasnt achieved a big enough share to be that yet it will though.

    I dont know why you say WordPress is dying :
    Here’s WordPress’ overall market share going all the way back to 2011, according to W3Techs:
    2011
    13.1%
    2012
    15.8%
    2013
    17.4%
    2014
    21.0%
    2015
    23.3%
    2016
    25.6%
    2017
    27.3%
    2018
    32.0%

    Seems like steady growth to me despite the impeding 'Threat" from python to php.
    I would never be as naive to say one language is better than another as everything has its assets if it didnt it wouldn't be around today. The bigger market share they get the more they are going to push php for improvement look at the rate php is updating compared to before its severely increased.

    Sure python is great but it cannot offer what php does in one aspect fast turn around times and ease of use to users. In the same way that php is not nearly as flexible as python.

    I very much agree that python is a higher level language i wouldnt down it for a second. I just not going to hype it up either.

    It shouldnt really be compared i think They are aimed at different needs. WordPress is a simple CMS that is easy to install and deploy, and you can get started with it very quickly. It is not however suitable for more demanding applications as python would be.

    I cant say for sure though, maybe il eat my words one day this is just as things stand right now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Let me make this really simple for you.
    You can make it complicated, I can handle Ö Iíve been building websites for the past eighteen years.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    100 WordPress sites with mostly amateur developers , that makes a great target for hackers, big school of fish. 10 get hacked.
    So you admit the reason that WordPress is a target is because they are easily hacked.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Thats 10 % youl be hearing about it all day.
    We are not talking about 10% we are talking about 83% of WordPress sites currently online are hackable.

    https://sucuri.net/reports/2017-hacked-website-report



    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    1you have 10 Python sites, mostly millennial but more advanced developers, 2 get hacked 20% .
    Are you saying that Ö

    Instagram
    Google
    Spotify
    Netflix
    Uber
    Dropbox
    Pinterest
    Instacart
    reddit
    lyft
    shoppify

    Just to name a few are all owned and operated by millennialís and are not popular enough for anyone to want to hack?


    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Its easy to say WordPress is the bad guy.
    Yes it is, we agree on that ...



    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Also remember php has had its time trending python ( thus shopify ) though its been around for ages has started its trend a few years ago once there are enough targets in python sites on the web we will be hearing alot more about them being hacked too.
    Maybe when Google and YouTube become more popular theyíll start getting hacked as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Hackers are for the most part looking for abundance in potential targets, python hasnt achieved a big enough share to be that yet it will though.
    Now that is your opinion, you have no data to backup what your saying. Iíve shown proof of the problem with WordPress and you come back with opinions.

    To assume that a platform like Django will one day become a target when none of the coding problems found in WordPress can be found in Django is foolish.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    I dont know why you say WordPress is dying :
    Hereís WordPressí overall market share going all the way back to 2011, according to W3Techs:
    2011
    13.1%
    2012
    15.8%
    2013
    17.4%
    2014
    21.0%
    2015
    23.3%
    2016
    25.6%
    2017
    27.3%
    2018
    32.0%
    They used Alexa to survey 10 million websites and concluded that WordPress must still be growing.

    I used Google trends, looked at the last five years and I concluded that it is dropping in popularity.

    wordpressvspython.png

    While Alexa is known for not being very trustworthy with their data Google (who uses python) is known for the opposite.

    And consider this Ö

    WordPress is getting more and more competition and it was my understanding of why they decided to come out with WordPress 5.0 and the New Gutenberg instead of fixing the problems with their code.

    Gutenberg drops TinyMCE and goes the way of Weebly and Wix, almost like they see them as a threat.

    Is it possible that even though they are getting more and more competition year after year that instead of getting smaller that both they and their competition are continuing to grow?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Seems like steady growth to me despite the impeding 'Threat" from python to php.
    Now that you mention Google trends also shows a drop in the pouplarity of PHP as more and more big companies are starting to stay away from the most hacked language in the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    I would never be as naive to say one language is better than another as everything has its assets if it didnt it wouldn't be around today.
    Of course some languages are better than others the same way some cars are better than others. And your not being willing to say that has nothing to do with rather your around today or not.

    Unless your programming only in WordPress and PHP and saying it would be admitting that your programming in languages that are not as good of an option for people who are serious about their business.


    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    The bigger market share they get the more they are going to push php for improvement look at the rate php is updating compared to before its severely increased.
    They have to update because they find 3 and 4 exploits with their code every month.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Sure python is great but it cannot offer what php does in one aspect fast turn around times and ease of use to users.
    If getting your website online quickly is the most important thing to you then shame on you however with that being said you can get a Python site on line almost equally as fast.

    And while you can not charge for a WordPress install (because its just a click of a button that anyone can do) where you have no control over how it is setup with Python you can get a couple thousand because you are in total control of the code and the way it is configured.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    In the same way that php is not nearly as flexible as python.
    Keeping that in mind, do you feel that machine learning and artificial intelligence is the direction that the world is heading?

    If so do you feel that learning the #1 language in the world for these new and growing trends would be an advantage?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post

    I very much agree that python is a higher level language i wouldnt down it for a second. I just not going to hype it up either.
    Its not that its just a higher level language but rather its the way of the future.

    If I could show you how you could double or triple the amount of money you are currently making with WordPress by learning python.

    If I could show you how simple, easy, and fun it is too build in python, would you be willing to learn it?


    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    It shouldnt really be compared i think They are aimed at different needs.
    When it comes to satisfying your clients, your the expert, you should compare everything and be using the very best.

    Building a shopping cart for a client on the most hacked platform in the world is doing a disservice to your client.

    Its your job to guide and direct your client down the correct path. Its your job to know which path that is.



    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    WordPress is a simple CMS that is easy to install and deploy, and you can get started with it very quickly. It is not however suitable for more demanding applications as python would be.
    Its not suitable for anyone whose serious about their business.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    I cant say for sure though, maybe il eat my words one day this is just as things stand right now.
    Are you saying that Ö

    1.) Supporting a language that has not had a security update since 2006 is a good idea?

    Because Wordpress canít improve their code because it breaks compatibility with PHP 5.2!

    (Wikipedia):

    WordPress' minimum PHP version requirement is PHP 5.2, which was released on January 6, 2006, 11 years ago, and which has been unsupported by the PHP Group and not received any security patches since January 8, 2011.


    2.) Do you agree as a PHP programmer, that global variables are to be avoided at all costs and have no reason to be used?

    Because WordPress is full of them.

    3.) Do you agree that plugins may have bugs that you might not discover until you've invested time into using them?

    4.) Is the quick install and ease of use worth selling crap to a client?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    68
    There are so many fields in 2019 where you can start your business such as:-
    1. Mobile Businesses
    2. Child-Oriented Businesses
    3. Sharing Economy” Businesses
    4. Online Education Businesses
    5. Freelance B2B Service Businesses

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13
    There are various types of profitable online businesses are available to start in 2019. But I recommend you to start making clone android applications with the help of clone script service. This is the much profitable online business that I notice in the online market.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    32
    I believe that any ECOLOGY shops

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    130
    **Here are some of the Profitable Business to Start**

    Handymen or handywomen.
    Online education.
    Tutoring.
    Real estate agency.
    Child-oriented businesses.
    Dental offices.
    Gardening and landscaping.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •