Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last>>

Thread: Starting an ecommerce store, which platform to choose?

Hybrid View

Starting an ecommerce store, which platform to choose?

I am starting an online store for selling electronic items, like mobile and computer accessories. My store will contain around 200 products. Should I go with magento or Woocommerce? I have selected these two platforms because of community and customization options. However, Magento is not that easy to setup. WooCommerce is easy to setup but I have heard it has performance issues.

Just my two cents, but I'd go for Magento. I think the summary of the two you mentioned is fair enough, so it's more of a case of strategy. In my opinion, you're better off spending a little more time and effort on setup with Magento because it will worth it for long-term stability.

Hello Dear,

Woo-Commerce by WordPress is a good choice for building a single store at it free & and there are various plugins easily available for it some are free and some paid. But if you want a full-fledged multivendor e-commerce store that is also SEO & mobile ready, Yo!kart is certainly the best choice, as it is an off the shelf software that comes just at $250. https://www.inc.com/bill-carmody/top...-for-2017.html

If it is a DIY project then go for Woocommerce. Very easy to set up and start selling. Otherwise get a developer and create a magento store.

I like using some ready templates from Templatemonster for such a purpose. I can also recommend you to check out their service with fonts at https://*************************/fonts.php It will become available soon, and I think that you will like them a lot. It is an awesome service indeed

Hi, OP (Riders)! I'm also wondering which way to go (Magento or Woocommerce), can you share an update of what worked for you? I hope to hear from you soon! Thanks!

Hi,

My recommendation is Magento platform is best for ecommerce website development. Because it is user friendly for SEO and SEM marketing.

My suggestion also would be Magento platform. If you are planning to buy and build your dream website you can refer this site for the best customer support and pricing. https://www.modulebazaar.com/modules/magento2-old.html

WooCommerce is one of the coolest stores to be used on setting up an Online Store on WordPress. Shopify is also in the race with them but WordPress is far ahead.

I can help you to develop a very good online store.
    If you want,please reply me

Well it is up to you which platform you are willing to use however as per my experience i will suggest you to use aliexpress if you are a busy person and have not enough time to handle ecommerce issues further more i have also create an store in shopify where i added aliexpress products and believe me it is to easy for me to handle my store and very to ship and choosing the hot products and for all of this matter a website withintheflow.com help me alot.

I think shopify is the best platform for this and its easier to use.

If you want to get more benefits for the long run, I suggest Magento!

You can contact them and asking for a quote to help build your Magento website.

I would recommend you to use Shopify for you eCommerce. There are some many great themes for it on https://*************************/shopify-themes.php which you can easily use. Also, if you subscribe to them, you will be able to buy those nice themes for just 2 bucks each which will so cool. Read the blog on http://templatemonster.com/blog/save...s-subscription to find out how to get this nice deal. Good luck with your website!

Hey, been in ecommerce for a couple of years already and from my personal experience I'd recommend Shopify as it's the most user-friendly and intuitive platform. I'd say if someone's just starting up, it's a way to go.
    Also, there's plenty of documentation available so setting up anything is quite easy. If you're in Australia and struggling with setting up taxes for example (like me), there's this tax guide for shopify stores in Australia. Might be helpful for someone.
    Best,
    Don

Thread Information