Thread: Offshoring development services

Offshoring development services

Software Product Development has obtained an edge by Offshoring development services. Offshoring such services increases the responsibility of Product management and Software Development. In order to ensure efficiency and feasibility of the processes and to deliver a customized product, testing and quality assurance checks are conducted. Apart from testing an important task is often overlooked, that is, documentation of software design for future maintenance and enhancement. What are the other aspects in Offshore Software Product Development that need attention in order to leverage quality and reduce time to market? Please suggest.

The client should be VERY Active in testing and QA. It is after all going to be their product. And if for example the client is in the United States - they need to be involved due to any language and cultural differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    The client should be VERY Active in testing and QA. It is after all going to be their product. And if for example the client is in the United States - they need to be involved due to any language and cultural differences.
    I agree with you in this one Steve we work with some offshore companies to produce apps locally basically outsourcing and one of our first issues was fixing the broken telephone phenomenon that occurs.

Of course we would love all the work ourselves ( much easier in terms of workload and prices ) but slightly negated by the extra communication process. The country that our other partners is in is fast surpassing ours economically presenting a issue where the currency difference in making it difficult for us to maintain a good profit for all parties involved.

With globalisation and people connecting easier by the day via multiple platforms outsourcing seems to be becoming less prevalent. Being in the US you probably dont have to deal with that but I also believe most industries are way more competitive over there.

I wonder if you have any thoughts on this?

Ps I am also a firm believer that a client should be involved in the q and a but its not black and white, there is a space where they can let you draw from them about their industry while letting you apply what you know about yours. Ive seen overactive clients ruin projects many a time. I believe that the service provider has been approached his expertise, that is not to say ignore the client but a line should a be established and good communication and transparency about this is always a great way to set that line.
    Last edited by ragnar; 04-06-2019 at 12:08 AM.

The software company I retired from last year was "Reverse Outsource." Meaning we had 12 employees in the USA and 400 in the main office located in Mumbai.

If you want to leverage the quality and reduce the time of market in offshore software development then the most important things to consider is checking whether the company is using which project development lifecycle like Agile development methodology. I think this answer will help you.

Offshore development brings cost savings. Work faster by leveraging the time zone differences between your country and the provider's country. Provides the flexibility to scale up or down in line with your business performance in a short notice period

Thread Information