Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Is direct mail advertising a good option?

Is direct mail advertising a good option?

Hi,
    How many of you have tried direct mail advertising? I came to know about this recently. I'm running a business in Canada. And currently, we are facing few problems in the business. We have very few customers now. So we were thinking of some advertising and promotional methods. My friend in Ontario suggested about this method. Any use in trying this? Any idea? If you have used it, kindly share your experience.
    We thought of trying it as a last attempt. My friend was saying that, if we can use direct mail advertising, it will gain many local customers. Need your valid suggestions.
    To add to this, we would also like to hear from the business experts here about other advertising tactics as well.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks in advance

I removed the link in your post..My security software went nuts when I clicked on the link.

I don't know much about Canada, but in the US we get lot of ads via the US Postal system. I actually spend some time looking through the mail for discount coupons etc for businesses I might use.

It wouldn't hurt for you to try it and see how it goes... BUT, it could also depend on the type of business that you have and or what products you sell.

Hi,

If you want good leads from mail advertising, then you can do some seasonal offer email marketing.

Hi,
    In all honesty, I am not a big proponent of direct mail advertising. Think about when you receive any direct mail pieces, what is the first thing that you do? Most people throw them out without reading so much as a sentence. However, if you feel that you have something that will really catch the attention of your audience, I say go for it! One of the things that I have seen work is that you send a "Shock-In-Awe" box and basically you are sending little objects (ie. paperweights, stress relievers, poker chips all with your logo on them) to people so they can hold something and it provides curiosity, which we all know leads to a rabbit-hole of research.

Your best bet, instead of direct marketing, is to do something like email marketing or even social media marketing. We all understand that money can be a huge issue when it comes to marketing and it always seems that marketing goes by the wayside when it comes to investing dollars from the company. Email and social media marketing cost nothing but time and energy. I can attest that paying for direct marketing and PPC Campaigns online are quick fixes, but the idea of marketing is to create a following and with either of those, they are "out of sight, out of mind" type of marketing that help bridge gaps in longer marketing campaign processes such as email, social media, and SEO.

Not for me. In Sweden we receive so much mails coming from both stores that we are members of and 'spams' from other companies. For me, most of the time I don't bother open any. I just throw them in the trash. (unless they have coupons that I find useful. But you have to make it very prominent)

Direct mail used to work before, but with the internet there are few businesses that do this now. Most now promote through social media or forums, or have their own sites. It would be good to be active on social media and forums as well as make flyers and posters. These would be less costly than running a direct mail campaign.

You may think direct mail is a thing of the past. But it’s still effective for targeted communications. Consider a content asset developed for high-level executives. Executives don’t usually browse the web for information. And it can be hard to get through to them via email. That means they may not come across the content you’ve developed with them in mind. This is where direct mail can prove powerful. You could send a direct mail piece to this audience to make them aware of your new, targeted content asset. Direct mail also gives you a chance to grab the attention of a hot prospect by being creative and interesting with your message and presentation.
    You can get email list from various different business tools such as Leadlake or Mailchimp.

Direct mail is a key tool in my overall marketing plan. It works pretty fine though many experts state it has been dead. Using this online contact management software makes the entire direct mail campaign more successful. But you should remember that one single mailing does not make a marketing campaign.

Direct mail is the most effective digital marketing tactic, the one that delivers the best ROI and the least difficult to execute. Start a customer newsletter that offers timely information about the business, special promotions or an inside look at the company. This helps build a community with your customers, and it keeps your product and business on their minds.
    Entrepreneurs don’t need to pay an agency or marketing consultant to develop an email campaign either. You can do it yourself with free services, such as LeadLake, which allows small-business owners to send marketing emails, automated messages and targeted campaigns to customers.

I have same problem guys.. actually I am mailing since 2 months . please suggest me the best ways to advertise

So for real estate, I believe that direct mail is great because for me, it generates traffic! I know it sounds weird but listen. I sent them a letter that leads them to my site and it jumps my traffic and sales up big time.

In overall, it is a good thing because it increases the traffic but the content should have a good quality

If you offer some discount with your emails then it's effective for your business

It works great for me, I have to say. I like using some templates for emails from https://stripo.email/templates/ for this purpose, and they work great for me and really help a lot with my marketing. Maybe you will find them helpful to you too, check those out
    Last edited by jcage; 08-20-2018 at 05:59 AM.

Yes, direct mail advertising is good option to get the local customers but in my view, for increasing the traffic of the customers on your shop, you can use best promotional products which you can hand out to the multiple people so that they would know about your business and think about to come on your shop. It will really help you to get the local customers on your shop as well as increase brand awareness.

Thread Information