Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Creating a Marketing Plan

Red face Creating a Marketing Plan

I just recently read an article about the steps to creating a marketing plan. Actually, there is only one step involved and that is to research. The rest of the article talks about the components that I need to consider when I am creating my marketing plan. Here are the components listed:
    • Economics
    • Product
    • Customers
    • Competition
    • Niche
    • Strategy
    • Sales Forecast

Are there any other business components that I should include in my marketing plan? Thanks!

These components are including a lots of subcomponents, it is hard to gereally speak about this.

I think developing a simple marketing plan, whether just starting a new business or growing an existing business is a critical piece of the puzzle. A marketing plan will act as your guide when you forget where you are, or what you're supposed to be working on. A good marketing plan always brings you back to your core tasks to market your business.

That being said I think the more simple your marketing plan the better, at least in the beginning. If we're talking about a big corporate entity of course you'll need sales forecasts, consumer data, economics, etc. But if you're a small business owner who's just trying to organize a marketing plan I suggest starting out by laying out a simple daily or weekly marketing "tasks". This will help you focus on the important things in your business whatever that may be.

If you decide that you are going to market your internet business by blogging, social media, and email marketing then be sure to develop a simple set of tasks that you will do to accomplish your marketing and I highly making those tasks the first order of business each day. Slowly work towards outsourcing those tasks or developing systems to make those tasks easier. There are many tricks to leveraging your time and marketing efforts, but in the beginning it's all about being consistent and keeping track of what's working and what's not, adjusting your strategy, and moving forward.

Good luck.

Without any planning your business can not run.So plans are mandatory for starting any business.Either its a small business or large business.Planning is must.

Thumbs up Creating a Marketing Plan

Creating marketing plan includes various steps, you have provided some of them but with these you also need to study market for making strategies, for your business, market reports will help you for properly to study of market.
    As you already red Forecasting is also important so all the best...!

I think you should read this ebook Reduce the Risk, it entails how internet marketing tools can be used to build a small business marketing plan.

Buzz Web Media PO Box 131 Baulkham Hills NSW
    Yes, marketing plan is very important.. before you jump in to any step, I think you should do first the market research. Analyze your prospects as well as your future competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cochran View Post

If you decide that you are going to market your internet business by blogging, social media, and email marketing then be sure to develop a simple set of tasks that you will do to accomplish your marketing and I highly making those tasks the first order of business each day. Slowly work towards outsourcing those tasks or developing systems to make those tasks easier. There are many tricks to leveraging your time and marketing efforts, but in the beginning it's all about being consistent and keeping track of what's working and what's not, adjusting your strategy, and moving forward.
    Very reasonable advice! Outsourcing is just necessary when you want to develop your business, you just need to concentrate on more significant tasks slowly outsourcing more and more tasks to other companies (if it is financially profitably, of course). I guess offshore outsourcing must be the most widespread also due to significant reducing of costs

It gives information about how to make your own DIY slimes and sell it on online slime shops.

The marketing industry is booming now. So, you are going into nowhere if you don`t have a marketing plan for your Business.
    A good marketing plan will increase the production. Firs of all, you have to choose your direction, B2B or B2C.

Thank you for sharing helpful information

What about some offline marketing? I like making some promo items for my business like those Soft Enamel Pins, for example. I am pretty sure that you will like this idea for you too, think about it, guys
    Last edited by jcage; 10-16-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Without any marketing planning, you can not run a business because it has become difficult somewhere. Well, your points are good but think more. If you want to market your business then use online and offline marketing strategies.

This post on creating a marketing plan is absolutely great. Even I am in same dilemma nowadays because I have to use appropriate marketing methods but I am on extremely low budget. What is your opinion on using text message marketing for car dealerships?

Online marketing has evolved so much in recent years and almost every business needs online marketing if they constantly want to grow in the online and offline space. There are multiple online marketing strategies like social media marketing, SEO, etc. that can be used in creating a marketing plan. Below are top strategies to use-

- Content Marketing
    - Social Media Marketing
    - Search Engine Optimization
    - Email Marketing
    - PPC Advertising
    - Influencer Marketing

Thread Information