Thread: Quickbooks Desktop vs Online? What is preferred?

Quickbooks Desktop vs Online? What is preferred?

QuickBooks Desktop user counts are approaching 5.2 million. Even with the move to QuickBooks Online, current Intuit forecasts expect no more than a 25% decline in QuickBooks Desktop licensing through 2017, which would be around 3.9 million users. It is clear that Intuit has made notable progress on improving QuickBooks Online with the revisions in September 2013 and the developments in the product since that time. With Intuit’s QuickBooks Online installed base of 683,000, they have the largest installed base of any entry level SaaS product. With Intuit’s publicly stated goal of having 3 million users by 2017.

But, what is the sentiment of the small biz crowd? On-line or desktop...?

Cheers

CEO @ paygorilla

If you need to share the QB database with people outside your office - the online version is the only way to go. Or if for some reason you need access to it yourself when you out of the office - the online version will fit the bill.

I am fed up with the QuickBooks. I also tried Xero, but it is very expensive for my small business. Nowadays, I am using SlickPie, a free cloud accounting software to handle 5-10 transactions per month.
    Last edited by AlvinHorgan; 01-29-2016 at 07:38 AM.

What do you think is more applicable for you? Like for example what is your priority in using quickbooks online/desktop? is it ease of information? data security?

Best financial software which had changed my working environment and increased my revenue is Apptivo. I had also tried using quick books and slickpie but found, Apptivo Expense App in Mobile App technology to be Great.

Desktop version of QuickBooks is only suitable when you have to do your work in your office. If you will have recruitment to go outside for work then QuickBooks online is better option.

I guess you will get your answer here: http://www.accountingweb.com/communi...ine-or-desktop

In today's context, Quickbooks online is preferred because it can give you the accessibility to access your work with your co-workers from different location on the same book at the different time, it means we don't need to rely on same single desktop for our work it can be executable anywhere.

QuickBooks Online was the first to introduce fifo inventory costing, and even in the Desktop version to get this feature requires you to jump to the more costly Enterprise with Advanced Inventory.

I tried out QuickBooks Online and it seems really half-baked. I would go with the downloaded version every time. QB knows how to make downloaded software well and the compatibility between different versions is going to be a lot smoother between downloaded versions than it is between a downloaded version and the online version. I tried importing a QB file from QB 2013 to QB online and it was not fun. I called their support and they said it was a known issue and sent me an upgrade to QB 2017 so I could migrate data over and then export. It all ended up being to much so I just ended up going with ZipBooks.

QuickBook desktop is the classic version that is installed on the local computer and provides features like inventory tracking, purchase order, calculate & rebill job cost. Whereas QuickBooks online is a cloud-based version of the accounting software that includes anytime-anywhere access, multiuser collaboration, and easy add-on integration.
    There is a third version of QuickBooks also which provides all the benefits of desktop version along with cloud benefits as it hosts QuickBooks desktop on cloud servers.
    So according to your company's requirement with the accouting solution, choose which version suits you the best.
    Hope this helped you!

As I am having multinational IT Company so, QuickBook accounting software online version is better work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinHorgan View Post
    I am fed up with the QuickBooks. I also tried Xero, but it is very expensive for my small business. Nowadays, I am using SlickPie, a free cloud accounting software to handle 5-10 transactions per month.
    I agree with this!

Quickbook is still the standard for most.

Thread Information