Thread: Canonical Tags of Html

Canonical Tags of Html

What is the real use and purpose of canonical tags and urls in html of one website? What does it has to do with SEO?

Main Purpose of Canonical Tag is Block the web page for Search Engine Crawling, because .com and .com/index.html have same design, content, coding ect. So Search Engine Confuse which page is correct.

The canonical tag is planned to reduce crawl errors and duplicate content in your website.The idea is to help the search engines understand that you plan for one specific page on your website to be the true page.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwistech View Post
    What is the real use and purpose of canonical tags and urls in html of one website? What does it has to do with SEO?
    A webpage in a website can be accessed by different URLs. Canonical tags tells search engines robots, which link should be indexed to avoid duplicate page indexing and penalization.

SO it Canonical tags are important for SEO.

Canonical tag is used by the webmaster to eliminate the duplicate content in the indexing. The tag is a part of HTML which are generally used for header on a web page. The canonical URL tags of HTML is similar in ways to a 301 redirect from an SEO perspective.
    Last edited by ChristopherBHun; 03-11-2015 at 06:39 AM.

ok ..i understood the canonical tag.. i have one question that. if i have multiple domain with same products, i would like to define one domain as the main domain in that case where i should put canonical tags, so stay away from duplication issue.

Thread Information