Thread: SEO help

SEO help

I need to move above competitors’ Google plus directory listings for a sister city. I am
    # 6 on page 1.
    Any advise would be appreciated I have been battling this for awhile,

Thanks,
    Chris
    IRS Registered Tax Preparer

Have you checked out what you can see that your competitor is doing on-page? I'd take a look at their efforts. You might not be able to take stock of everything that's happening behind the scenes, of course (and a lot of SEO takes place behind the scenes), but you might be able to observe some things that are missing from your current strategy.

For example -- do you see that your competitor is hosting a blog on his/her site? That might be something that you can do to start closing that gap between your competitor and yourself.

Also, I'd look into LOCAL search marketing. I know that Google has a strong Local Search presence, and there are other ways that you can optimize the local sphere, and position yourself advantageously in relation to your competition.

Hope this helps. Good luck! You're more than welcome to ask me any further questions if you've got any.
    Sean B.

Type in "Santa Paula Income Tax Calif". My competitors are clueless on internet marketing

I am CEL Financial Services

Thanks,
    Chris

My comments

Type in "Santa Paula Income Tax Calif". in Google. My competitors are clueless on internet marketing

I am CEL Financial Services

Thanks,
    Chris

I would actually recommend cleaning up your website a bit. I think that you can really make an impression over your competitors if you get your site simplified and cleaned up.

These days, sites focus on simplicity. I'm sure you've seen that "horizontal bar" type of look that just involves a lot of downward scrolling, as opposed to the more cluttered type of online layout that many are used to seeing.

This example isn't EXACTLY what you should think about...but it's a good example of the idea at work (this is a site my good friend designed).

http://fanignite.com/about

You can see the basic way that the site is organized and laid out. The focus is on very crisp, clear imagery. Lots of photography, but also very, very simple icons. They're doing as much as they can to talk about themselves without words.

While this might not be the exact approach that you want to use, it's a good concept to think about as you consider redesigning your site in favor of a more simplified, modern approach.

Hope this helps!
    Sean B.

Thread Information