Thread: Shoe Industry - Managing Special Order Products Which Arrive Pre-Packed

Lightbulb Shoe Industry - Managing Special Order Products Which Arrive Pre-Packed

I am interested in hearing how others, especially in the footwear industry (where prepacked special order goods are common), manage inventory, orders, and shipping. I am seeing that the same paradigm underlies most software solutions and it is not closely aligned with the paradigm case in my industry.

We mainly manufacture to fulfill previously solicited sales orders. We rarely fulfill from stock on hand. The goods arrive from the factory pre-cartonized and pre-addressed so we do not have to routinely engage in packing before shipping. Because of this, the system needs to understand inherently that goods are cartonized and what is in each carton. Shipping and receiving are carton-centric.

This has implications for sales orders and purchase orders, the former ultimately being a collection of cartons and the latter necessarily needing to include information to the factory on which boxes of shoes are to be placed in which cartons.

We also need to automate production of carton and box labels and collate same to purchase orders.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We are a small business and unable to consider an intensively customized solution.

I think Solid Commerce might be able to help you out.

Ours is a fully-integrated eCommerce system that helps you to automate and syncronize everything about your online selling.

Our inventory, warehouse, and vendor management functionalities can most likely help you with your objective -- we have a lot of options that'll help you deal with multiple vendors, and that will work to make sure all the data is aligned so that everything is communicated in exactly the way it needs to be to keep your eCommerce planet spinning, so to speak.

Take a look: http://solidcommerce.com/solutions/i...ry-management/

You're more than welcome to shoot me a PM if you'd like to chat about your online selling a bit more in detail. Hope this helps!
    Sean B.

Thread Information