Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: New to Ecommerce

New to Ecommerce

I'm a newbie looking for a good Ecommerce business. I have heard of Magento, and others where you can start using their products or online stores. However, one's head can spin reading all the reviews, then you get a headache. Since I am new to Ecommerce, I would like suggestions from some experienced people as to a good fit for me to get started. I am computer savvy in some areas, but when it comes to web development or establishing something like this, I need assistance.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Patrick4287

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick4287 View Post
    I am computer savvy in some areas, but when it comes to web development or establishing something like this, I need assistance.
    what kind of assistance you need, make it clear.

Looking for a reputable ecommerce business that will work with me in stating up an online business. Any recommendations?

If you're thinking about using Magento, it's more than likely that you're looking towards the Community Edition. This edition is totally free, but doesn't come with any kind of official support. There are a ton of great forums (not unlike this one!) where you can find helpful information, or you can always find a licensed Magento developer to help you get things set up exactly how you want them.

Other platforms might be a little more up your alley, though, given your level of technical expertise.

Another example is Volusion. It's a little more out-of-the-box, and is used by a ton of eCommerce professionals. If you're going to set up your site using Volusion, you'll probably want to work with a designer as opposed to a programmer.

Yet another example (and there are a ton of 'em -- I could keep going forever, but I'll spare you) is Bigcommerce. A lot of new online sellers like Bigcommerce for its ease of use. Their shopping cart platforms work very nicely right out of the box, and are super easy to set up. They also have a ton of responsive designs which is a huge plus for your store, and they make it easy to set up a webstore that looks very clean and modern.

Hope this helps!
    Sean B.

Hello,

The choice of e-commerce platform is also depends on size of your business. For a small and middle sized business I can reccomend you to use CS-Cart that also has a free mode, but for a large business Magento will be preferable. As for CS-Cart this platform is lighter and as a result faster then Magento, so you can use a cheaper hosting. Besides, CS-Cart custom works are cheaper.

Try both CS-Cart and Magento demo and make your decision based on your business needs and budget.

Sincerely yours,
    CS-Market.

Hi Patrick -- you might have noticed that some of the other posters in this thread are wondering about the size of your business, what kind of inventory you plan on selling, etc.

Answering these questions will help everyone else on the board give you advice and insight that's tailored a bit more specifically to you, your online selling operation, and the goals you've got outlined for it.
    Sean B.

prebuild and self-hosted eCommerce software

I'm a newbie looking for a good Ecommerce business. I have heard of Magento, and others where you can start using their products or online stores. However, one's head can spin reading all the reviews, then you get a headache. Since I am new to Ecommerce, I would like suggestions from some experienced people as to a good fit for me to get started. I am computer savvy in some areas, but when it comes to web development or establishing something like this, I need assistance.

Patrick4287
    You should go for prebuild and self-hosted eCommerce software like Daily Deal Builder and many others because using any Open Source software like Magento or WordPress you have to face many challenges with less security and many more like below:

Requires a good hosting environment:
    If your website is not properly hosted and you don’t have a good server, your users may experience slow load time. This means you will need to pay for good, reliable hosting.

Resource intensive:
    Magneto/Shopify requires a lot of space and memory. You will need to appropriately optimize your usage to cut down resource space so the site can perform better.

Heavily layered and complex coding:
    You may need the help from a developer for some of the more complex customization of your site since Magento does not use best practice programming and coding for deeper level customization.

Hi...It really depends on several factors. One being what type of product you will be selling. Please note that if you're selling Vaporizers or electronic cigarettes or other high risk products, some shopping carts will not allow you to process credit cards using there processor.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Magento, Shopify, Etsy Clone, Woocommerce are good eCommerce business platforms. Using one of these software you can start your own marketplace instantly and sell your products online. I have experience with Etsy Clone and it is very easy to use and create your own marketplace.

Well..Boostmysale.com allows you to build your website with choice of templates and themes and aggregate your products to their marketplace for buyers to buy. It took few hours to start selling my products. Apart from all other regular features you get with any good platform, you get additional channel to sell your product on their marketplace.All in a single integrated platform.

You must have to hire developers and advertisers for your E-Commerce website.

Hello Everyone

I am Newbie to this forum and want to discuss about Ecommerce Site Builder.

Patrick4287
    Hey Patrick,

I'm not sure what you're looking to sell, this is actually really important when determining which platform to go with.

Magento can be overwhelming and does take some time to set up, but the level of customization for your site, and store is really handy. Since you're tech savvy this may not be a bad choice for you.

Shopify is another platform to check out. It's extremely easy to set up and user friendly. Not as customizable, but a good platform to utilize.

I would ask, how much time do you want to dedicate to setting up your store, and are you looking to get really detailed with it?

There's no wrong option here, but there are better options for your depending on your business. If you need help feel free to PM or email me.

Jim
    Info@Skubana.com

Well..Boostmysale.com allows you to build your website with choice of templates and themes and aggregate your products to their marketplace for buyers to buy. It took few hours to start selling my products. Apart from all other regular features you get with any good platform, you get additional channel to sell your product on their marketplace. All in a single integrated platform.

Hi Patrick,

E-Commerce business owners, especially newbies, often overlook legal advertising issues when promoting products online.
    The FTC regulates online businesses, and can impose very high fines for violations. Click here to learn more: bit.ly/1CKs26z

I'd be glad to discuss with you further.

*Attorney Advertising

Thread Information