Thread: What would be the fastest way to update prices for an ecommerce website?

What would be the fastest way to update prices for an ecommerce website?

Hi,

I know that this is not exactly a technical discussion group but I just waned to get some idea as how people handle the issue that we are facing on our website.

We have recently launched an ecommerce website named taaol.com and we have successfully added nearly 700 products to our database by collecting them from different suppliers. And we are now facing issue in updating the prices. Since the prices change frequently and the suppliers send us a new pricing list every 1 or 2 weeks we have to get back to the list of 700 products and check it entirely to update them. As you may understand its not quite easy to change prices for 700 products and we usually end up spending hours in the process.

I just wanted to know if any of you guys have experience in using some technique by which the task of updating prices can be done faster and efficiently. Also if you check the website and have any feedback regarding the design or usability etc please do post it. Your feedback and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Pricing your products or services is a difficult thing to do. In fact, it’s one of the factors that puts many companies out of business. Pricing your product or service for a daily deal offering is even tougher.

One way is to partner with another vendor nearby for more of a value-add offer. For example, a restaurant could partner with the frozen yogurt store next door to offer a great deal on a package. This would allow both merchants to provide smaller percentage discounts in return for the value add of providing a bundled product that appeals to the repeat customer as opposed to someone who has never heard of either merchant because they don’t live anywhere nearby.

Another way would be for you to bundle a couple of your products together in order to provide more value and raise the price point. *Do not inflate your price points just for a deal promotion.

Most deal sites will come to you and simply suggest taking 50%-90% off of your product or service. Take into account the cut that the deal site takes, and your margins are dropped down to next to nothing.

Before diving right in, you need to first crunch some numbers and visually map out how this offer will effect your business. Figure out a maximum number of coupons or vouchers that you are willing to sell. Figure out your actual costs involved in selling the product or service and go over many “what-if” scenarios.

Selling coupons of your products and services up front can be appealing because you are making money before delivering anything, but beware. This is not free money and you need to be prepared to fulfill the deal with excellent service, because as you know, if people have a poor experience visiting your business they are much more likely to discuss their experience with their friends, Yelp, and social networks.

The last thing that any business wants is to run an offer on a deal site and end up plastered all over the news because your business is shutting down because you sold 11,000 coupons and have no possible way to deliver the product or service.

For more ideas you check at: http://dailydealbuilder.com/blog/how...ily-deal-site/

Lightbulb Take Care Your All E-commerce needs

Quote Originally Posted by mdhussain View Post
    Hi,

I know that this is not exactly a technical discussion group but I just waned to get some idea as how people handle the issue that we are facing on our website.

We have recently launched an ecommerce website named taaol.com and we have successfully added nearly 700 products to our database by collecting them from different suppliers. And we are now facing issue in updating the prices. Since the prices change frequently and the suppliers send us a new pricing list every 1 or 2 weeks we have to get back to the list of 700 products and check it entirely to update them. As you may understand its not quite easy to change prices for 700 products and we usually end up spending hours in the process.

I just wanted to know if any of you guys have experience in using some technique by which the task of updating prices can be done faster and efficiently. Also if you check the website and have any feedback regarding the design or usability etc please do post it. Your feedback and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    Ya we have a solution for you and we can take care your all E-commerce needs ... commercemonks.com

Sounds like you've got a heck of an inventory to manage! I think we can definitely help you out.

Pricing is obviously an important part of the eCommerce game, so there's something to be said for a tool that'll let you adjust pricing on whatever level you choose.

Solid Commerce has a ton of advanced inventory management functions that'll help you set prices in bulk, at the product level, or at the marketplace level. And when you're ready to sync your inventory up on other marketplaces (like Amazon or eBay, for example), we can help you with automating strategic repricing, so that your inventory is always competitively priced in relation to the competition.

Check it out: http://solidcommerce.com/solutions/listing-management/

You're more than welcome to shoot me a PM if you want to talk a bit more about your specific online selling operation and how we might be able to work with you.

Hope this helps!
    Sean B.

Hi, the fastest way is IAI Bridge, works on Idosell platform.
    It connects accounting system with e-store with price sync, warehouse management, orders procesing etc.

Hope this helps

BR
    Marek

Pricing a product or service is really an important aspect any business and it is a toughest task to do. Updating price of your products or service time to time is important and it can be done by various extensions available according to your shopping website.

Updating pricing for any eCommerce can be a rather tedious, albeit highly necessary task. Have you thought about using kits, or bundles for your store? Could help cut down on some pricing updating.

Do you have certain products that aren't performing as well as others? You may be wasting a lot of time updating pricing on products that aren't even selling all that well. Especially with 700 SKU's there's bound to be some stragglers in that stock.

I posted a handy infographic earlier today in regards to organizing and utilizing your inventory. It may be worth considering. http://hubs.ly/y0t4NF0

If I can help further feel free to PM or email me.

Jim
    Info@Skubana.com

i think when you handle the ecommerce store gradaully you will require certain changes on your website so i would strongly suggest to hire ecommerce development company that can provide you solution at every step.

The first thing that caught my eye was how professional and modern the default template looked. It was smooth and clean, which you will find across the board both on the front end and within the administration section.

I don't know which platform you use, but anyway, you should find one developer/company who can provide you such feature (automatic price update). General idea is that someone writes script for you which will be executed once a day or a week and automatically check whether the prices are changed or not. If yes, script will update these products by putting a new price. And that's it, everything will be automated, you wouldn't do anything manually anymore.

Hello, CSV knowledge with inventive PHP programming works wonders for a lot of updates.

Definitely you may have a technical person in your team. If it is, then you can make db script to directly update the data or through CSV, you can update your data.

If you do not have a technical person in your team then customize your application and develop some modules for updating through your website. You can update all details of a single product one by one or you can do a bulk update at a time. It will give you a permanent solution. You can create some login users and administrator has such kind of updating rights. To add more modules you can contact with the people who developed your eCommerce website.

The other alternate way is, there are some tools that can connect to your database and you can update your data whatever you want. Sometimes it may prove costly or you may not have full customization options.

Thread Information