Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last>>

Thread: What is the best way to get backlinks?

What is the best way to get backlinks?

I know the following ways to get backlinks for a website. But, What is the best way?
    1. Blog commenting
    2. Forums postings
    3. Articles submissions
    4. Social bookmarkings
    5. Directory submissions

It depends on what sort of traffic you're looking for.

Ask yourself, "What is my target group? Who am I trying to attract to my site and what is it I want them to do once they get on it?"
    The Old Sarge

Social bookmarking, article submission and blog posting gives quality backlinks..

Find the places from which you can get quality backlinks.

Find the places from which you can get quality backlinks. Among the acceptable ways of building quality backlinks are getting listed in directories, posting in forums, blogs and article directories.

I still think that social bookmarking and forum posting is the best way to get backlinks with anchor text.

Article submission gives you the best control over the anchor text.

I think Article submission gives you the best quality links. Social bookmarking and forum postings simply give you the easiest way to get links.

I agree to the said above. Plus you can patrticipate in different public answers pages like yahoo answers, wiki answers etc. posting your articles/answers there.

I’ve been reading a lot about how to build backlinks. A lot of people ask questions about the best way for to get backlinks on their site. The standard answer is directories, classifieds, link exchanges etc. The best way is not standard. When someone links to your site they are essentially saying, “I find this page interesting.” In order for someone to find your page interesting, you have to build interesting content.

Web design india

Only with quality backlinks your website’s PR will increase.

Well all of them works in equal proportion provided its done in the right way. All of these methods are for getting backlinks but only use websites with good reputation and High PR for getting quality backlinks. Only with quality backlinks your website’s PR will increase.

Bill, what will be the result of a higher PR? What will it mean to a given Web site?
    The Old Sarge

Try to get quality backlinks

deleted
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 08-20-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: did not contribute to anything other than the user's backlink stategy

Forum posting and well-written article submission will drive not just natural backlinks but also good traffic to your site.

As someone said for what purpose you are using back links for, it depends on that. First ascertain the target group that you are looking at and based on that decide which can get you more targeted traffic. I feel Article submission is the best as it works out very well for me. Thanks

It might sound like heresy to says this, but forget about anchor text, especially for Google. Google's algorithm is way too advanced these days and anchor text doesn't have nearly the same weight as it used to. The words surrounding the link and the location of the link on the page (in-content vs. in-footer or global navigation) are far more important than anchor text considerations these days.
    Sell It! on the Web is your source for e-commerce, internet marketing and online business tips and advice since 1997.

Thread Information