Thread: Please take a look at my new site.

Please take a look at my new site.

Hello,

this is my new site - The Sage Guys http://www.softservconsultants.com/. It is about my company which offers Sage software consultancy services. Any comments about the look and feel more than welcome.

Thank you,

SageGuyPhil

Nice site, I like how you can easily go to the different sections and find out about the different services.

i really like the layout of the site. Pages and Services are really easy to navigate to. My only recommendation would be to center justify the content on the home page and subsequent pages. This would also help the mobile experience for visitors as well. Other than that stuff, im really digging it, great job!

Hello SageGuyPhil,

First of all, I wish all the best to your business!

Secondly, let me add a little criticism. I think that the main inconvenience of your website is that it is not centered on the monitor, it covers the left part of the screen, it is not comfortable enough. Also, I would recommend a bigger padding between images and the text on your pages.

Kind regards

The site is easy to use and it loads all pages fast. But I think that you should devote more time in to design of this website. It looks like it was build a few years ago.

very nice site and easy to use

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

There's some good information in this thread. It's true, the site does look a little dated...but it's still pretty well-put-together, and makes use of a good organizational structure.

I would definitely second the comment about the page mostly taking up the left-hand side of the browser pane. This is a little strange, and your site would probably get a lot more attention if it were centered.

I'd also find ways to let your site breathe a little bit more. Break up the copy, come up with headers things that can drive people to convert. Without a lot of strong calls to action (I don't see a single one on the website).

Hope this helps!
    Sean B.

To be very honest, it does not look good and requires re-design.

I'd actually head over here and check out some of the themes: http://theme.wordpress.com/

You can build your suite out using WordPress -- there are a TON of themes, both free and paid, that would help your site out a great deal.

For instance, if you're thinking about a paid theme -- you're looking at $60 to $80 bucks. I'd recommend hiring a WordPress developer who can help you get everything up and running exactly the way you want it. This should be a one-time thing, though, and would likely be accomplished at a cost that will totally make sense.

In terms of design, I'd recommend going with the "vertical scrolling website design" trend. You see this best exemplified, I think, on Google's "micro" sites.

Here's a good example. This page is a Google+ "learn more" type of page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/+/learnmore/features.html

This is a page describing the features of Google Analytics. https://www.google.com/analytics/features/

I think that your site, and what it's trying to accomplish is relatively simple. Especially in terms of an eCommerce perspective. You don't need a lot of complicated or complex functionality. What you need is something that presents information to visitors very clearly, and something that will convince those visitors to either pick up the phone and call you or shoot you an email.

These vertical-scrolling microsites are great for eliminating distractions.

Another thing? I'd work on a very clear call to action. As I was navigating around your site, I didn't immediately see a way to get in touch with you or purchase what you were selling. And I was looking for it.

Eventually, I found it there on the left-hand side, where it says "Contact the Sage Guys." Tweaking this call-to-action a bit can most likely help your conversion rates in a HUGE way.

I'd move it out of the left-hand box over there, so it's more visible and commands attention. I'd also put it in the form of a button, and color it in a way that catches the eye. Sitting over there in plain text form isn't doing you any favors, in terms of conversion.

I hope these help! Feel free to reply with any more questions and I'll do my best.
    Sean B.

The site looks nice and is very fast but should it be mobile responsive?

Its a nice site need content and should be mobile responsive.

very nice site and easy to use

Good but may be a bit Too much plain and simple. Just add some CSS styling and make it responsive.

Hi which kind of website do own . i also owned one Java Tutorials

Thread Information