Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: eCommerce challenges

eCommerce challenges

Hey guys I'm a software entrepreneur looking to identify the biggest pains and problems for e-commerce owners.

I'm curious what are your biggest challenges?

A lot of online sellers don't just limit their inventory to one marketplace anymore.

Say you're selling from your own Volusion or Magento webstore. For a lot of online sellers, the logical next step is to expand. Maybe it's another webstore. Maybe it's a marketplace like eBay, Amazon, Overstock, or Half.com. Whatever the case may be, logistics get sticky when you add more channels and have more going on.

Things like fulfillment, shipping, and inventory management can get really tough when you're trying to keep everything synced up between multiple channels.

Quote Originally Posted by mgreene View Post
    Hey guys I'm a software entrepreneur looking to identify the biggest pains and problems for e-commerce owners.

I'm curious what are your biggest challenges?
    I believe the two of the biggest problems / issues facing the Ecommerce industry are:

Trust & Security - Although it seems that most people have made a purchase online, there are still a massive amount of internet users who worry about their security when purchasing anything on the internet. This is for good reason as most people are well aware of scams that occur on the web. When buying from a website, ensure that they have an SSL certificate and the web browser says "https."

Economies of Scale - As Amazon continues to grow larger and sell nearly every type of product on earth, it can cause slight problems for the smaller eCommerce sites who don't have such large economies of scale.

Honestly, one of the best ways to compete with the issues you're describing, Chris, is by looking into expanding your inventory.

If one channel, like Amazon, isn't giving you the sales and satisfaction you want, try syncing up your inventory on another marketplace! eBay is the other obvious choice, but options like Rakuten, Half.com, Overstock, and a few others are out there and just waiting to showcase your inventory. It's all about determination!
    Sean B.

Cool Advertasing

Hello, Everone.
    Right now my big issue is the advertasing, I'm working in the retail sunglasses business,
    any ideia, tips, ideia how I can make my brand well kwoning/popular in the virtual world.
    I have a little money everywhere, facebook, blogs, fanpage, google, etc.
    right know i cannot see the results, it is look like search an ant in the forest.

The first constraint of any e-commerce site is its popularity. You get your product selling, you first have to make sure that people know you have a product. The solutions to this problem is social media, promoting your website on Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Google+, etc is the best way to promote your products.

Cool Advertasing in Social midia...

Quote Originally Posted by aampapproach View Post
    The first constraint of any e-commerce site is its popularity. You get your product selling, you first have to make sure that people know you have a product. The solutions to this problem is social media, promoting your website on Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Google+, etc is the best way to promote your products.

First all, tks for your advise, that what i'm tryng to do.. adversing in Facebook. Twitter.. I will keep putting my enforce there.. do you have any advise that can make it faster.. because it is taking very long time to getting the people that I need in my fanpage.
    tks

Rosangela

Quote Originally Posted by rosangela View Post
    Hello, Everone.
    Right now my big issue is the advertasing, I'm working in the retail sunglasses business,
    any ideia, tips, ideia how I can make my brand well kwoning/popular in the virtual world.
    I have a little money everywhere, facebook, blogs, fanpage, google, etc.
    right know i cannot see the results, it is look like search an ant in the forest.
    What I'd recommend doing is start a blog on your website. If you can devote your time/energy/money to creating and/or curating great content on your site, you'll have an easier time generating traffic and building a good reputation around your site and store.

When it comes to social, having your own blog with unique, original content makes it a lot easier to use that blog as a "sun," so to speak, around which the planets of your social channels can orbit. Your Facebook page probably looks great...but how much better would it be if it were constantly pushing out content that is useful and fun for your audience...all of which brings people RIGHT back to your webstore.

Now, the blogging has to be done in a certain way. Simply putting a blog on your site about your store isn't going to win you any hearts and minds.

You work in sunglasses, though, so you've got a few opportunities. You can blog about beach lifestyle, about fashion, about a lot of things -- the key is in creating an identity for your blog that will somehow cater to your audience. Blog about things that your customers (existing and potential) will want to read about. This gives you authority and trust within your niche, and it does absolute WONDERS for you from an SEO perspective. When you publish informative and original content on a regular basis, Google notices and rewards you in the search results.

Further, all this content gives you GREAT stuff for Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and the like. Now you've got interesting content that people actually want to read, and it's all hosted right on your website. Score!

This is all pretty cost-effective, too. If you've got a flair for writing and content curation, you can definitely do this yourself, given the right amount of time/energy.

It's also not expensive to hire someone who can work as a marketing hired gun for you and manage a little grassroots social community like this. I've done that kind of work myself in the past, and know that it's definitely doable.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
    Sean B.

There are many problems which eCommerce retailers face but some of the biggest challenges for eCommerce retailers are Shipping and tracking, International sales, Payment fraud.

There are having numerous e-commerce benefits, with these benefits there are having some e-commerce challenges, the first challenge is to find ways to offer free, put mobile designs and marketing first, offer personalization and customization, using big data for big information, sell seamlessly across channels, devices.

As far as e-commerce is concerned, I believe that it is very essential to keep the website rankings ahead of all your competitors along with being in the first page of Google searches. Otherwise there is no use of having an ecommerce website. For this purpose an effective strategy plans needs to worked out.

I think a big challenge a lot of eCommerce professionals have is syncing their inventory across multiple channels. I'm talking about actually syncing their inventory in one location so they know what they have and when they have it. Overselling and underselling is a major problem. It leads to a loss of profit, poor customer reviews, disorganization for your business, which in turn further wastes your time and energy.

Instead of actually focusing on growing your business and customer service most eCommerce professionals are dealing with their company's backend problems.

i agree with @skubana that lot of eCommerce professionals have is syncing their inventory across multiple channels. there are many ecommerce development company based in india provide great solution. many online business owners moving to outsource their projects.

Hello E-commerce Entrepreneur,

I believe that on of the major challenges faced by the online retailers is related to the irresponsible clients or the so-called bad buyers, that for example, are returning goods for no reason.

These devices have abridged the distance between the consumers and suppliers. We can assume that M-Commerce is the child of E-Commerce with more technology.

Thread Information