Thread: Rethinking WooCommerce

Rethinking WooCommerce

Hey everybody My name is Robert and I am new to the forum.

I am also new to having an ecommerce website. I already have a website up and its making sales but I am rethinking using Woocommerce as my wordpress plugin.

My problem is this, I have a few different product vendors that will do the shipping for me which is great. The only problem is that they all have different shipping rates. Woocommerce has been a pain to figure out a way to only show the correct shipping rates per item.

What wordpress plugin would you suggest that has the following features.

1. Able to show different shipping rates per item.

2. have capability to do unique shipping rates. for example $5 shipping for up to 3 items when you buy 4-6 items it goes to $10 7-9 is $15 and so on.

It would need to be a wordpress plugin as I am adding this to an existing website and dont want to revamp everything. I do sell both Digital and physical good but I don't think that would really be a problem.

Thanks for your help!
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by robertcarbine View Post
    Hey everybody My name is Robert and I am new to the forum.

I am also new to having an ecommerce website. I already have a website up and its making sales but I am rethinking using Woocommerce as my wordpress plugin.

My problem is this, I have a few different product vendors that will do the shipping for me which is great. The only problem is that they all have different shipping rates. Woocommerce has been a pain to figure out a way to only show the correct shipping rates per item.

What wordpress plugin would you suggest that has the following features.

1. Able to show different shipping rates per item.

2. have capability to do unique shipping rates. for example $5 shipping for up to 3 items when you buy 4-6 items it goes to $10 7-9 is $15 and so on.

It would need to be a wordpress plugin as I am adding this to an existing website and dont want to revamp everything. I do sell both Digital and physical good but I don't think that would really be a problem.

Thanks for your help!
    Robert
    Hello Robert!
    Glad to hear that you are moving to WooCommerce.

Although WooCommerce has varied functionalities, it does not provide per product shipping by default. You have to use a plugin like WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping Pro Plugin.

It could solve both problems. You can create rules for setting per product shipping cost and also set shipping cost based on the conditions you mentioned.
    You might want to check a quick guide on shipping settings, read this documentation for more help.

what are the main advantages of moving to WooComerce?

Thread Information