Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last>>

Thread: Marketing for local business

Marketing for local business

I do income taxes for locals in a town of 15K.

Would there be any local blogs that I could use to promote my business? How would I find the?

I am looking for ideas
    Chris
    IRS Registered Tax Preparer

You can promote your local business on tei.org. This blog is specifically designed to give maximum exposure to your tax plans and can provide you terrific ideas.

Thank you for your response

I target to locals. Looking for ideas to contact them directly. I even passed out flyers on Jan 1st. I have been doing heavy Facebook since July.
    Chris

Don't forget to update your site.

Local Fillmore income tax service solutions for all your 2012 tax preparation needs.
    Is #258 an apartment number or a business suite? Either way, I'd change it to Suite 258.

I would be emailing all of your previous clients... They all have friends/family member/co-workers/etc.

Offer them something for referrals. You should probably send them a quarterly tax tip newsletter.... "Might want to buy that new car NOW - no more sales tax deduction after 2013." (not sure if that applies to CA)You might want to consider the weekly/monthly coupon type of mailers that every one gets in the mail.

Steve,

Exactly. it is a referral business. My customers are A plus satisfied with me. I have earned that with a very low price fee and free extra time I have spent on their tax issues. The sales tax deduction applies to states without state income tax It is a great pitch example. Facebook I target locals. I have a business page and personnel page on Facebook. average Joe is just interested in taxes during Tax season. I have gotten customers from my Craiglist ad.
    Chris

Thank you. I would try it.

My Suggestion is Wordpress, and Mini sites

you can try free mobile website providers like mobidart.com

I am now in the middle of income tax season. My Facebook work has not yet generated me a customer or phone call. After tax season is over I will need to re -evaluate it. Facebook is very powerfull
    Chris

Hi Chris,

This could be a little off-grid, but I see that you are trying to gather visitors to your site using Facebook paid campaigns. Am I right? If so, recently the whole mechanism and origin on facebook likes through their paid campaigns was explained. FB gets these numerous likes through densely populated countries like Bangladesh, Philippines etc. where fake accounts are created to like pages through such campaigns. Watch video.. Getting legitimate likes along with people who are really interested in your products/services could be daunting. There's a company called ShopSocially, who help you build up a strong revenue base along with great social media presence. Here's the website link. www.shopsocially.com

Hope this helps.

Ethel

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Tax View Post
    I do income taxes for locals in a town of 15K.

Would there be any local blogs that I could use to promote my business? How would I find the?

I am looking for ideas
    why do you think local blogs are helpful? in a town of 15k, you visibility and work quality is more then enough.

Nice tips...hope we will have much more in future.

The good news about smaller towns is that its easier to get a small article published about your service in the town paper, especially if you are offering a special deal.

AdEcho.com is another really good option, I just checked their site and they run a ton of accounting sites like LocalAccountants.com TaxPreparationService.com and some more. Although none of my clients are accountants AdEcho has done real well for my towing, locksmith and computer repair clients.

Marketin for local business

I think local listing is best option for it.

You should keep taking a look whether you get something relevent or not. The basic thing is to promote it where things exists and at the same time according to the need it has to work.

Thread Information