Page 1 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: is still link-building is working?

is still link-building is working?

Hello experts, here i have a doubt that, is still link-building is working? i asked it so because, i am experiencing no change in my site positions. Share your views. Thanks.

Without link building we can't expect ranking improvement and traffic to website.

Link building is an important task in SEO. Without it you cannot bring your website on top in search engine results.

Yes, link building is still important factor in SEO and its helps in ranking as well.

Link building is a important part for increase your website ranking and traffic on Google search engine. So it's important for your website.

Yes. Link building still works. The approach has become different though. You need to find a way on how to build links that send real traffic to your site. The ones that are relevant and can be used by your targeted visitors as their channel in visiting your site. Or, you can build links by earning them. This comes with more natural ones since they will be coming from shares by your visitors who become interested to your content.

Absolutely! As others as said however, the approach needs to be different. It's all about thinking natural in the eyes of Google. Links are a natural concept, but using a bot to spam them back to your site isnt - having someone link back to your site because your content is relatable, useful and well written is a naturally occuring thing.
    Azzure IT Business Software Solutions Company looking for help with SEO!

Without it you cannot bring your website on top in search engine results.

Of course, but I would based my link building technique on "white hat" techniques, quality content, try to reach for readers that might be interested in your service or products.

Yes link building is still important, you just want to make sure you get the right kind of links. You want to make sure the links you get are not using black-hat tactics.

There's a lot of accurate information in this thread, which is good -- because link-building has changed over the course of the last five to seven years.

In the beginning of SEO, whoever had the most links would basically win the game. A lot of SEO companies (and not smaller ones...I'm talking about some of the biggest companies in the world) were simply in the practice of jamming the Internet with what some in the industry called "popcorn links."

Basically, this is the practice of putting as many backlinks on as many websites as possible...regardless of context or anything else. Quantity over quality, in just about every way.

Of course, Google got wise to this pretty quickly. Say what you will about their practices as a company...but when it comes to search, I think it's pretty apparent that their primary concern is making sure that the Internet is a place where the best and most relevant content gets the most attention from those who are looking for it.

So they changed things up. Now, link building doesn't work unless you're very, very clearly putting quality over quantity. Having the most links on the Internet won't work for you anymore.

Having the most links in the right context will, however. If you want a good linking strategy, it's got to focus on organics. Build real relationships with real websites that are publishing actual, valuable content in your niche market.

Basically, the best way to develop a link-building strategy that works for you is to focus on developing one that's dedicated towards putting the best content and the best links in the best places. Make sure that sties referring back to yours are of high quality, reputable, and above all...relevant to you.

Hope this helps! You're absolutely more than welcome to PM me for a bit more information.

_ Sean

Ya, link-building still working. choose best niche sites and get a link

Hello everyone!

Our company sometimes check the competitors' website positions and monitor back links. And you know what we had to notice, one website with only 10 backlinks (not with a big weight) has outrun us and other our competitors in search results by a couple search queries. And we, by the way, have more than 2000 back links. I don't know why it happens. Do you guys have any suggestions? That site is young and probably it's a bonus from Google for a young website. But it keeps its position for more than two months already!

Only high quality link building works. If you create spamy link you will get banned or just low ranking in search engines.

Solid Commerce - said it best. Google will now penalize you for posting links that aren't relevant to the site where you posted.

Then there's the part where sites like this one are 100% no-follow. So unless some human being actually clicks on a link the links are worthless.

AND, sites like this one will not remove links you posted three years ago - or at any point...

EDIT: We also recently added a new/revised Signature Rules policy.

I killed someone's signature in this thread because he had links to a "we make leather good" site. On one hand I just did him a favor. On the other hand, if he puts it back he'll be banned.

Thread Information