Page 8 of 10 ... 678910 Last>>

Thread: Who is currently using Interprise SUite?

Interprise Suite New Owners as of March 1

I just received a long email from IS. To quote a small portion:

"On March 1st 2010, Interprise Software Solutions Inc. was acquired by a group of private investors from the Taylor Corporation."

"Gary Harrison, the original Founder of Interprise Solutions, will be returning to daily operations as the V.P. of Product Development after working for the company as a consultant."

It goes on to list the improvements in support and feature plans for new versions.

Maybe there is a much desired resuscitation in process here. This appears to be real movement. The website has finally been updated a bit and the email promises much more for the users there. Time will tell.

Welcome Back!!!

We at DimeSoft are very excited to hear this great news and we are looking forward to IS getting back on track and entering a new age.

Well the issue in the UK has been as much about the marketing of the product (or lack of) as well as delayed releases and bugs in the product. I dont want to be negative but I would say lets just see what happens. Sure it can't be any worse than when Taylor had it as nothing really happened anyway. Unfortunately the best part of 18months have been lost due to all of this, a period in which many competitors in the SME market have bolstered their market position.

Gary

you can try msds sheets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cleonann View Post
    you can try msds sheets as well.
    what the heck are you going on about???

Quote Originally Posted by mutahman View Post
    It's quite clear that my experience with Interprise, to this point, has been horrible.

With that said, today I came to an agreement with their VP of Business Development, to give them 3 months to fix my problems, and if they do not then I will get a full refund. If the fixes do get us out of the gate I will give them the appropriate kudos for making the fixes, and we'll then put one of our sites onto their system to see how it works in an live environment.

I will report back to you all in June to let you know what happens.
    Any update on it? Very interested in your results.
    Thanks

Our Experience

I may be late on this but will explain what happened in our case.
    After spending countless hours of setting up Interprise, we discovered something quite peculiar.
    The tax was incorrect. Sometimes just a few cents, but more often than not, over 20 cents and as much as 40 cents on each invoice we were processing.
    Interprise was calculating the tax on each line item to the 4th place decimal point, instead of the proper way of calculating tax on the subtotal amount of all items.
    When we mentioned this to Interprise we were told that they knew of this glitch but had no plans on fixing it. Our accountant was floored to say the least. For an accounting system to incorrectly compute tax and say that it was ok to do so. We wondered what else we would find but didn't hang around wasting time and money to find it.
    Please stay away from Interprise. I am not the only one that got burnt - I've been in direct contact with at least 5 other companies that had similar problems. Interprise will take your money not caring that you worked hard to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    I may be late on this but will explain what happened in our case.
    After spending countless hours of setting up Interprise, we discovered something quite peculiar.
    The tax was incorrect. Sometimes just a few cents, but more often than not, over 20 cents and as much as 40 cents on each invoice we were processing.
    Interprise was calculating the tax on each line item to the 4th place decimal point, instead of the proper way of calculating tax on the subtotal amount of all items.
    When we mentioned this to Interprise we were told that they knew of this glitch but had no plans on fixing it. Our accountant was floored to say the least. For an accounting system to incorrectly compute tax and say that it was ok to do so. We wondered what else we would find but didn't hang around wasting time and money to find it.
    Please stay away from Interprise. I am not the only one that got burnt - I've been in direct contact with at least 5 other companies that had similar problems. Interprise will take your money not caring that you worked hard to earn it.
    The correct way to calculate tax is by line item. So if there are products in an invoice with different tax codes then it will calculate the tax correctly.

Our story

Louie, and everyone else that sent me PMs, I'm sorry that I haven't been in here to give the latest (and final) updates of my Interprise experience. It really does seem that, while the concept of this software is solid, the software itself isn't. We had originally purchased a full license with source code (and at that time they have ASPdotnet as the front end, and we had that included too). In short they were never able to get the software running correctly for us and we got our money back. It wasn't easy, and I had to pull a number of Interprise people in to get it rectified. Good luck to all of you who are still trying to get this software to work. We've learned that Netsuite is worth the price (as the software actually works and allows us to run our business without issues). A final good by from me on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyc View Post
    The correct way to calculate tax is by line item. So if there are products in an invoice with different tax codes then it will calculate the tax correctly.
    Wouldn't that depend on what sort of tax it is and whether or not there were different taxing jurisdictions involved?
    The Old Sarge

The Latest From interprise Solutions

It’s been a few years since I posted here but thought I would clarify a few things. I apologize for the long post but I’ve been away a long time and feel that a detailed explanation is only fair given the number of posts made here.

As many of you long term forum reader know, I was one of the founders of Interprise Solutions and was on the forum quite a bit a few years back.

Reading through the posts, I would have to agree with many of the negative comments made about Interprise Solutions over the past two years.

In early 2008, Interprise was bought by a large multi-billion dollar company which quickly brought in its own management and turned most of the original management team into “consultants”. Within a very short period of time each release became worse and worse as the focus went from creating a great product to finding ways to increase revenue by turning the programming department into a services group that they could bill time for. In short, “why have our developers fixing bugs when we can bill out their time” became the business plan. Realizing that this was no way to run a software company, the executive management of the parent corporation elected to divest Interprise Solutions and in March 2010 Interprise Solutions changed ownership to a group of investors that includes a happy user of our product.

Since then most of the original team has been brought back and we have been 100% focused on product quality and openness. Our latest releases have been stable and our new community website features forums, blogs and other venues for ecosystem of customers, partners and employees to interact.

To respond specifically to a few of the comments made in this thread and a few of the other threads on this forum:

Stock Allocation Errors: Many of our customers had reported stock, costing and allocation going off balance from 2008 to early 2010. This was especially true for companies that were using the stock allocation related screens that are turned on by default in the UK version but hidden by default in the US version. This no longer seem to be a major issue in the latest US releases with less than 2% of our customers reporting these balances going off in the past 4 month. We have been able to bring those customers back in balance by running a “stock fixer”. In our upcoming 6.0 release we will be making some design improvements that not only eliminates the possibility of these values going off, but is also 20x faster.

Sales Tax Calculation: We calculate sales tax “per line item” using 6 decimals as that is the correct way (different items can have different tax rates). The problem is we are posting the sales tax to the general ledger per line item instead of per transaction which can create a rounding issue by up to a ½ penny per line item (general ledger items are posted in the number of decimals of the currency – i.e. 2 decimals for the usd). Because one line item could round up by a ½ penny and the next round down by a ½ penny this is not a major issue for most companies. With that said, we do recognize that this can be an issue for certain companies and in our upcoming 6.0 version we have made several improvements to our tax engine which now includes posting to the general ledger per transaction. I apologize it took so long to get this changed.

Since the change in ownership six months ago we have accomplished the following:

• Three major releases with each one adding improvements to stability and performance. In all, over 500 enhancements. A forth major release, 6.0, will be the largest release ever for us as we upgrade our program to the latest technology and implement a number of community driven improvements.
    • Two entirely new modules – Shipping and Live Chat
    • An entire new product – eCommerce Plus which is NO COST TO DOWNLOAD for UNLIMITED WEBSITES / UNLIMITED USERS (see more details below). We feel that this product is a game changer.
    • An entirely new website which is fully community driven with forums, blogs, groups, new features suggestions, facebook like profiles (you can even login with your facebook ID), etc. Feel free to visit our community to see what our users have to say about our products.
    • Increased our support department by over 300% and implemented completely new systems and processes to increase response time and resolution time.
    • Seen the majority of our former partners return to selling and supporting our product line.
    • Launched a community marketplace of add-on products and services. There are some incredible add on product to Interprise that help you with everything from fixed assets to a fully integrated multi-channel marketing product that goes far beyond anything else in the market (i.e - can dynamically reprice your products on multi-channel markeplaces based on competitors prices and your cost). Want to use another cart like Magento with Interprise - yep, there is even a app for that.
    • Launched our cloud based platform that allows you to run Interprise on your Ipad, Smartphone, etc.
    • Brought to market our new Interprise Merchant services. This will become an important part of our value proposition in the years ahead. eCommerce gateways are very poor for mail order /telephone order transactions and a complete waste of money for point of sale transactions due to their higher rate. By offering our own credit card processing mechanisms inside the program, we can save our customers a considerable amount of money in fee’s and gateway charges. Also, in future releases we will be offering a “credit card” vault to our PCI certified environment so that you can allow customers to save their credit card details to simplify future orders.
    • Brought Ezra Weinstein into the company to head up our new POS / Mobile Technologies division. A new POS module is in development and it will be a game changer when released.
    • And much more…

Back in the late 90’s I lived in China for a while where they had an old proverb that went something like… “once you get bit by the snake, you don’t trust the rope”. As poorly as Interprise has done over the past few years, I can understand the hesitancy to take another look at our products. For those that may be still interested, this week we released out our new “eCommerce Plus” product which includes our eCommerce module, ERP Back Office Modules, Shipping module and our new Live Chat module. eCommerce Plus is free to download UNLIMITED USERS / UNLIMITED websites. The only restriction is that you have to use our merchant services (we will meet or beat your current rate and we do not charge a gateway fee) and pay a 1% transaction fee on credit card transactions. In other words, we only make money when you are successful with our product and you can upgrade to our full product (with no transaction fee) at anytime. You can download eCommerce Plus today at our website. Please note that our merchant services are only available in the U.S. right now with Canada and the U.K. coming very soon.

I hope this clarifies some of the issues of Interprise in the past as we work to improve the future for our customers and partners.
    Last edited by Gary Harrison; 09-30-2010 at 06:02 PM.
    ----------------------------
    Gary Harrison
    Interprise Solutions

The problems I had were on the front-end side. I had a few SQL errors and just some unexpected results. Like one time I added to cart and the item never appeared in the cart!!! yikes, not good if you want to sell something ;-)

Thanks for the lengthy list. I took a quick look at about 8 of the sites - and noticed most are outside of North America? These are great websites - they are all powered by the new Interprise web module? or ASP dotnet?

Last edited by zee345; 10-16-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forigners View Post
    The problems I had were on the front-end side. I had a few SQL errors and just some unexpected results. Like one time I added to cart and the item never appeared in the cart!!! yikes, not good if you want to sell something ;-)
    I would absolutely agree and we would jump all over getting that fixed. I am not aware of anyone reporting that problem. It would have been all over our forums by now.

Quote Originally Posted by zee345 View Post
    Thanks for the lengthy list. I took a quick look at about 8 of the sites - and noticed most are outside of North America? These are great websites - they are all powered by the new Interprise web module? or ASP dotnet?
    They are all powered by the Interprise web module, which is licensed from AspDotNetStorefront. We took over the product as customers were having to get support from multiple places - which is never good. The list on our website is not comprehensive so we tried to mix it up with websites running in different countries or different industries to show what is possible.
    ----------------------------
    Gary Harrison
    Interprise Solutions

Thread Information